Cars I Didn't Know Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a couple cars I seen this week that I didn't know existed. The name is on the tailgate.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
Come on man, Aspen and Envoys are all over the place.

GMC Envoys and Dodge Durangos ...yes but no Chrysler Aspen.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
And the Aspen also came as a Hybrid. Maybe about 7 were built.

Might see one of those at Barrett-Jackson one of these days! Talk about rare!

Speaking of Envoy's, how about the Envoy XUV with the retractable roof/tailgate thing. I haven't seen one in 10 years.

My son flew to Florida to buy a particular car but when that didn't work out he bought a Suzuki Oasis. That was a new one on me.

How about an Isuzu i-290? Kinda looks like a chevy colorado.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
How about an Isuzu i-290? Kinda looks like a chevy colorado.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Wikipedia
the i-Series shares its platform with the General Motors mid-size pickups. It is built at the same plant in Shreveport, Louisiana which produces the Chevrolet Colorado an GMC Canyon.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
Come on man, Aspen and Envoys are all over the place.

I was surprised to see both names recycled; the Envoy Epic (a.k.a. Epidemic) was a very unreliable (in this climate) British car sold by Chevy dealers in Canada c. '65 - '70, and the Dodge Aspen was the twin to the Plymouth Volare, and the disappointing replacement for the Dodge Dart. It would be a bit like Ford reviving the Pinto.

Originally Posted By: Aichiguy
My son flew to Florida to buy a particular car but when that didn't work out he bought a Suzuki Oasis. That was a new one on me.

Actually it was a Isuzu Oasis, a badge engineering Honda Odyssey.

Also, there was the badge engineering Honda Passport / Isuzu Trooper / Acura SLX / Subaru Bighorn. I personaly have never seen the Acura SLX on the roads, and the Subaru Bighorn didn't make it to our shores after all.

I would not worry about the mini it Is BMW with a mini badge on it. 2.0 BMW motor with BBM W platform and looks much better than new x1 or x2.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
The Aspen is a Chrysler Durango and the Taurus X is a renamed Freestyle.

Uh, maybe.

It got a different engine 3.5 and an AT trans against Freestyle's CVT.

Our own user G-Man, had one and a couple threads about it some years ago....

Originally Posted By: Voleak
Originally Posted By: Aichiguy

Actually it was a Isuzu Oasis, a badge engineering Honda Odyssey.

Also, there was the badge engineering Honda Passport / Isuzu Trooper / Acura SLX / Subaru Bighorn. I personaly have never seen the Acura SLX on the roads, and the Subaru Bighorn didn't make it to our shores after all.

Honda Passport is an Isuzu Rodeo, not a Trooper.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
The Aspen is a Chrysler Durango and the Taurus X is a renamed Freestyle.

Uh, maybe.

It got a different engine 3.5 and an AT trans against Freestyle's CVT.

Our own user G-Man, had one and a couple threads about it some years ago....

OK, not sure a different drivetrain makes it a different vehicle..

Quote:
The Ford Taurus X (originally known as Ford Freestyle) is a crossover utility vehicle that was sold by Ford from 2005 to 2009. Essentially the replacement for the Ford Taurus station wagon, the 2005-2007 Freestyle was produced in a single bodystyle with six or seven-passenger seating. As the Taurus made its return for 2008, the Freestyle was rebadged the Taurus X.

Manufactured alongside the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, Mercury Sable, and the 2008-2009 Ford Taurus, the Ford Freestyle/Taurus X shared the Volvo-derived Ford D3 platform. Front-wheel drive was standard, with all-wheel drive as an option. All versions were produced at Chicago Assembly, in Chicago, Illinois. Unlike the D3 sedans, the Freestyle/Taurus X was sold exclusively as a Ford. Following its discontinuation in 2009, it was not directly replaced, but its role in the Ford line was largely taken over by the larger Ford Flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back