Partsplus brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a tear in a partsplus filter once. The filter media disintegrated in my hands as well and the drain back valve wasn't sealing at all. I'd pay more for a decent filter.

Parts Plus are relabeled Premium Guard filters.The ones I have seen on here cut open are very well made.A vry popular jobber filter amongst oil change places where there is a Parts Plus store in town.Previous Parts Plus suppler was Champ Labs and they went to E core,before the PG changeover...years ago.

seem well made and of good quality. there's always luck of the flaw even the best brands can fail.

Originally Posted By: mx5miata
Anyone used or familiar with brand?

Seems like quality made - though I see Hecho china

Well made and heavy. Have one currently on my Chevy Colorado 4X4. Plus, my startup chatter is now gone. Rattled like crazy using a Fram Ultra prior.

Parts Plus is a dying brand. Found at dying independent auto part stores Their strength was back in the 80's.

I would check for rust, the last part I purchased (transmission filter) was rusty like it was on the shelf in a barn for 20 years....

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: mx5miata
Anyone used or familiar with brand?

Seems like quality made - though I see Hecho china

Well made and heavy. Have one currently on my Chevy Colorado 4X4. Plus, my startup chatter is now gone. Rattled like crazy using a Fram Ultra prior.

Well said. We use these filters at work. I doubt its a dying brand

They're Chinese filters, like Premium Guard, Rural King, etc. with the plastic shrink wrap over the end to help keep from rusting during (ocean container ship) transport. Not known for their efficiency, but at least have a thick, heavy can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back