Do you have jumper cables in your trunk/cab now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,in both our vehicles. I like to be prepared in case we need a jump or somebody else does.

No. But I have one of those car jumpers/cell phone charger/flashlight things in the trunk.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
No. But I have one of those car jumpers/cell phone charger/flashlight things in the trunk.

I think jumper cables are better. The jump packs need charging from time to time and if its really cold they will not be of much use (if they are cold in trunk also).

Now if you need a jump and I come by in my pickup with dual batteries then you can not ask for anything better.

Last edited:
Have always kept a set of jump cables in vehicles year round well worth it. Keep a big Diehard portable power box in the Forester as well during winter. It is about 10 years old and probably weighs 30-40 lbs. Newer models are much smaller and lighter, but I will keep using it at long as it works, can also inflate tires with it. I have jump started dozens of cars over the years.

Me too, I have a Noco that I've used a couple of times- it has worked great! It says it's good for something like 100 jumps per charge. But I also keep regular cables just in case.

Yes...and I made up good ones for our 2 nieces (close in age so the need for 2 pair came up).

I showed the girls cheap ones and reminded them to keep an eye on them.

"Don't let some boyfriend steal 'em", were some of my exact words.

One of them called from Colorado to verify that she had hooked them up to a girlfriend's car correctly. Good girl.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Yes,in both our vehicles. I like to be prepared in case we need a jump or somebody else does.

Always.

Mine blew up! They had a recall on it and sent me a new one with a computer in its harness and its 100% useless now.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
No. Call AAA

Been a AAA member for decades.

Tried that a few months ago.

"Estimated wait time 2 1/2 hours" for a jump in a densely populated area.

Called a friend that lived nearby, had the car started in less than 15 minutes, using the jumper cables we keep in the car.

I think all my vehicles have jumper cables.

IMO cheapo ones work just fine. But I leave my car running, and if I have to wait 5 minutes to get enough charge over them, then so be it. I rarely use them, so smaller is better. That way I'm more likely to have a set in the car.

Last good winter storm, woman got stuck on my side street. Called AAA for a tow. They sent a rollback who wouldn't drive down the street, and who didn't have enough line for the job. So I wound up being the nice neighbor and having to pull her car up the road. I think that's the last time she'll take a RWD car with a/s down that road. I have a good tow recovery strap (no hooks, per recommendation here), a (whatever that fancy pin thing is) and a D ring receiver I can put into my hitch. Now all that stuff is starting to add up in my truck!

Always, Have a set of 0 gauge heavy duty cables. Never have had to use them on my car, but have helped a few folks out. I really wish people would understand and learn the CORRECT way to Jump a car, instead of the old school neg to neg pos to pos method.

I have jumper cables but also have a lithium cell pack, Halo, that works well. It has 4 lights and after a couple of starts and sitting for 6 months, it will have 3 1/2 lights showing almost a full charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back