3 fl oz of new oil makes the car quiet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You pop the hood, check the hoses, add some washer fluid, touch or check couple other things, remove couple of dead bees, add 3 fl oz of engine oil (not needed unless you are bitog or ocd) ... all under 15 minutes ... and the car suddenly runs so smooth and quiet!

Have you ever experienced this?
I argue that the 3 fl.oz. of the new oil did the magic!

It's the car's way of saying Thank You! for what you just did
laugh.gif

I find the car runs smoother and quieter after i wash and wax it. Amazing what a little tlc can do for a cars self esteem.
smile.gif

There is no such beast as magic in an electro-mechanical object.

But there certainly is a thing called confirmation bias in people.

Originally Posted By: Imp4

I beg to differ, mine behaves like a Tamagotchi, sometimes it texts me saying that it hasn't been driven for a while and feels neglected
laugh.gif

It's like the old advertising copy for Pennzoil, "4 out of 5 drivers say their car runs smoother after a Pennzoil oil change." Perhaps driver #5 said their car runs smoother after *any* oil change ...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: nap
I beg to differ, mine behaves like a Tamagotchi, sometimes it texts me saying that it hasn't been driven for a while and feels neglected
laugh.gif

Ooh, on further consideration, I'd like one of those!
Yes please!!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
I find the car runs smoother and quieter after i wash and wax it. Amazing what a little tlc can do for a cars self esteem.
smile.gif

You sure you didn't add a little oil before the wash?

Well, of course it'll be quieter. It's simply from the new oil sitting at the top of the engine.
This area usually doesn't get oil immediately at start-up (has to wait to be pumped up).
So the new oil acts as a noise dampener.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Well, of course it'll be quieter. It's simply from the new oil sitting at the top of the engine.
This area usually doesn't get oil immediately at start-up (has to wait to be pumped up).
So the new oil acts as a noise dampener.

My theory makes more sense

Originally Posted By: OilUzer
You pop the hood, check the hoses, add some washer fluid, touch or check couple other things, remove couple of dead bees, add 3 fl oz of engine oil (not needed unless you are bitog or ocd) ... all under 15 minutes ... and the car suddenly runs so smooth and quiet!

Have you ever experienced this?
I argue that the 3 fl.oz. of the new oil did the magic!

I argue that correlation is not causality.

Originally Posted By: Imp4

Killjoy!
smile.gif

My car has a ghost that haunts me if I don't wax it every 3 months.

I've had that experience. Not easily explainable - but NOT always placebo.

I'm critical of ANYTHING I do to the car and I expect the WORST not the best
smile.gif

Very Unbiased.

The PCV system resonance is tunable by oil volume and can make a difference in non metered bypass air ingested into the engine.

Maybe the fresh oil got something moving that wasn't - also bottom of the bottle stuff is wicked loaded with the good stuff that fell out of suspension
smile.gif
Its Super oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back