Got my original house plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I have wanted to do for a very long time. My house was originally a 20x24 homestead cabin. Original plans were drawn in 1952. Property was granted to the homesteaders in 1958. There are a few differences though. My storage room is listed as 4x14 but it's really 6x10.

The brick wall around the house has a dip in it and that's on the plans. To this day I don't know why they built it like that.

Garage and our bedroom was added in 1966. It even mentiones "cheap" electrical out let's and " hauled water". Well was drilled in 65 so I guess they had a water tank before that.

Pretty neat stuff. The place sounds very remote with plenty of privacy.

I guess by the way you talked, I would have assumed the house was much older than that. Didn't your parents used to live there as well? Did you guys know the original owners?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Pretty neat stuff. The place sounds very remote with plenty of privacy.

I guess by the way you talked, I would have assumed the house was much older than that. Didn't your parents used to live there as well? Did you guys know the original owners?
yes I grew up here. My parents bought it from the original owners in 1974. This area is pretty new as towns go. Sure there were a few people here in the late 1800s but it's boom was after WW2.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Maybe they went around an old well? Mine shaft!?
I was thinking a water tank or Joshua tree

Makes sense. What time of year is the best time to visit your area? The landscape always looks very interesting, and different than my neck of the woods.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Maybe they went around an old well? Mine shaft!?
I was thinking a water tank or Joshua tree

Makes sense. What time of year is the best time to visit your area? The landscape always looks very interesting, and different than my neck of the woods.
Now. Next month it will be 100F+ and after that frigid cold from November to March.

You don't have a Zinsco breaker panel do you? I have a Zinsco main and sub panel and just had an electrician out on Friday working up an estimate to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back