Maytag Commercial-Residential Washer Dryer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find Agitators are too abrasive on laundry. I feel that front load washers are the way to go.... and those stupid 2018 Dept. of Energy requirements. have ruined washers. It fills with water?

....and that "commercial" is just moniker slapped on the face plate. I even had a washer that was "Commercial Heavy Duty".....yeah right.

Last edited:
Sounds Great. My last washing machine has the efficiency washer that uses less water and all that garbage. Broke three times in 5 years.
Last time it broke I threw it out and went to a used appliance store and bought a older washing machine that actually uses water. I love it.
I swore I ll keep it forever over those useless high efficiency washers. Maytag must be hearing the screams of people that actually get dirty and wash more than their gym clothes.

I have a Maytag HE top load washer. It's great ! Does everything but clean the clothes !

I also have the matching HE Dryer. Takes twice as long to dry the dirty clothes.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Sounds Great. My last washing machine has the efficiency washer that uses less water and all that garbage. Broke three times in 5 years.
Last time it broke I threw it out and went to a used appliance store and bought a older washing machine that actually uses water. I love it.
I swore I ll keep it forever over those useless high efficiency washers. Maytag must be hearing the screams of people that actually get dirty and wash more than their gym clothes.

Originally Posted By: Milkman
I have a Maytag HE top load washer. It's great ! Does everything but clean the clothes !

I also have the matching HE Dryer. Takes twice as long to dry the dirty clothes.

All three of us must have had the same machine. I got so tired of the so called "high efficiency" machine not cleaning the clothes and often leaving the clothes sitting in water because it was "off balance" that I went and bought a GE old fashion agitator type machine. Love the GE. It works every time and best thing - the clothes actually come clean. Imagine that!

This new maytag "commercial" cleans much better than speed queens new agitator type.

Will the rest of the machine hold up worth a darn?

FWIW I have a 250$ bottom barrel GE.. works ok for the 2 of us.. and i will presoak/rinse anything that is extra dirty/muddy.

even on super load its more like "normal load" and the clothes floating and not washing can be real if you arent careful.

5 years and counting.

Originally Posted By: nickaluch
When my 20yr old whirlpool washer died two years ago I bought a top load speed queen. Built like a tank and and actually cleans the clothes in 20 mins

Right but they dont make those anymore.. the 2018 redesign is IMO Terrible.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
No need for something fancy to wash your clothes.

Some folks must get really dirty.

Originally Posted By: Rand
When my 20yr old whirlpool washer died two years ago I bought a top load speed queen. Built like a tank and and actually cleans the clothes in 20 mins

Care to expand on this? Love our Speed Queen bought Jan 2017. What has changed in 2018?

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
I find Agitators are too abrasive on laundry. I feel that front load washers are the way to go.... and those stupid 2018 Dept. of Energy requirements. have ruined washers. It fills with water?

....and that "commercial" is just moniker slapped on the face plate. I even had a washer that was "Commercial Heavy Duty".....yeah right.

"I find Agitators are too abrasive on laundry" That is a laugh! I have only had washers with agitators and my cloths last many years with minimal wear. Agitators are not hard on cloths at all unless your cloths are made of paper towels! LOL!

The only change was digital controls. We have 2018 model Speed Queen machines running at our apartments for 9 months. They run 24/7 and we have not had a single problem yet. They clean as well as our old Iowa built Maytags they replaced.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: user52165

Care to expand on this? Love our Speed Queen bought Jan 2017. What has changed in 2018?

Mechanical controls were replaced by digital controls. They still have the longest warranty in the business which is a full 7 years on everything. Time will tell but their digital controls have been in use for over 2 decades and are very reliable. We have them in our apartments and they run 24/7 with no problems at all.

I am surprised they dont have clocks on washers, all the other appliance in my house have clocks to tell the time- microwave, toaster over, big oven,
Maybe they do now, my appliance are old.

I have one of each. Sounds crazy but the new Maytag HE washer never got my work clothes clean like my old Whirlpool (27 years old). So the regular clothes go in the Maytag HE and my stuff goes in the old Whirlpool plumbed in out in the garage.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.

The only change was digital controls. We have 2018 model Speed Queen machines running at our apartments for 9 months. They run 24/7 and we have not had a single problem yet. They clean as well as our old Iowa built Maytags they replaced.

The agitator was changed as well... now fixed to the drum. youtube it tons of hate videos.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.

The agitator was changed as well... now fixed to the drum. youtube it tons of hate videos.

If there are so many hate videos I wonder why people keep buying them? I do research before purchasing such a product. We purchased a new Whirlpool fridge, range, and washer and dryer back in July when Home Depot was having their 4th of July sale. We are happy with all of the appliances so far. The washer and drier are their Cabrio line with all touch screen controls. So far no issues, and the washer does get the clothes clean for us. Neither of us get our clothes very dirty to begin with though. They replaced a very old wash drier set which looked to be at least 25-30 years old. Both worked fine, we just wanted something newer and more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back