Cooper Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never used Cooper Tires before but am considering either the Discoverer H/T Plus or Evolution H/T in a 275/60/20 for my 2012 Tundra. What tire do you guys recommend out of those two?

I've had Cooper Discoverer HTP's 265/70-16 (sold through DT/AT) on a Tacoma for 3+ years now. Truck doesn't see a lot of miles, but the HTP's are a nice riding tire and seem to be wearing well. I've been satisfied. Between the Cooper rebate and DT promo rebate at the time, very reasonably priced too. DTD/DT(5/25-26) having Memorial Day Promotions now.

I've had Cooper tires on two of my cars for a little over a year. They have been perfect so far. Got them at Discount Tire.

I've got a set of RS-G1's on the Taurus and they have been great. Good grip in dry, rain, and snow. I've got about 7k on them and no complaints other than they can get flatsopts easily but that corrects within a mile or 2.

Also put a set of Discoverer AT3's on the F150. About 5k on hem and they are great as well.

I'd not hesitate to buy either set again. I'd also not hesitate to buy Coopers again either.

Thanks everyone. Will have to make some calls today to see availability. I forgot about the Memorial Day sales and promotions.

I've had good luck with Coopers. Had the Discoverer H/T and ATR on previous vehicles. Also have the Discoverer AT3 on my Jeep right now and after 40k miles they have been great.

I have had a set of Cooper RS3-A tires on my Fusion for over two years now (and 42,500 miles), and I have been extremely pleased with them. Considering the tire comes with a 40,000 mile warranty, and I've gone 42,500 miles on them so far, and yet they still have between 6/32 and 7/32 tread left, I'd say that they've far exceeded expectations.

Coopers are by far the most common tire brand I've used on my light trucks; I have tried a number of others but always come back to the Coopers. Currently running Discoverer AT3s (RAM 1500) and love them.

I'm not crazy about their passenger car tires, but their truck tires are great.

I almost always buy private label tires made by Cooper and I've always been happy.

The Cooper A/T tyres that I've driven through work always feel less stable, more on "tippy toes" than most of the other tyres on the other vehicles.

Here, they offer a mileage warranty, which appears to be based on tread depth, which makes the tread blocks "stilt like".

(And their warranty only applies if the tyres are bought and installed in the three major cities here in NSW)

Yeah, the mine utes are fitted with them, and they really didn't feel nice on the road, but probably were good for what they were in every day. Strangly, the company I work for doesn't sell Cooper Tyres.

This is great news! I have used Cooper snowys on my Ram and my wife's Impala for quite a few years and I always liked them but I was unsure about their all season or non winter tires.
I also loved Michelins, and still do, but I think, based on what I have read here, I'd be wise to give these Cooper all seasons a look for a 3 season tire.

Yes, the Cooper CS3 would be a good choice for the Impala. Good snow traction and all season capability. Very good tire irv.

I just printed off the spec sheet on those (SRX). Did a bit of a search and it seems the are a quiet tyre too! ~$1400 AU for 4 off the quick quote site..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Yes, the Cooper CS3 would be a good choice for the Impala. Good snow traction and all season capability. Very good tire irv.

Funny you mentioned these, SS. My 79 year old father, whos Birthday was just yesterday, recently purchased these for his Buick Lucerne and he said they were one of the nicest riding tires he has ever driven with.

As you can imagine, being 79, he has owned his share of tires over the years so hearing this from him means something in my opinion.

He purchased all 4 for $770 OTD for I believe 17 or 18 inch wheels. He gets them at a place, Taunton Tire, here in Oshawa, who is supposedly the biggest Cooper Tire dealer in Canada. https://www.tauntontire.com/

Hearing this from him, who, imo, knows his stuff, is great news as that pretty much cements my decision to purchase some Copper for my Ram.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back