My Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to tell everyone thank you for the site. Been dealing with some rough heart complications. On a beta blocker, had another troponin test for my enzymes in the blood and having a plaque/calcium test in Kansas City done. Don't know the whole deal but I feel glad that I don't know yet. Used to think knowing how much time I had left was a good thing.... Not anymore. Asked my parents to cremate me and haul me home in my Honda. Thanks everyone for your gestures, gripes, etc.
Mark

Best wishes. From all reports, my Drs say I've gotten ahead of the issues that seemed to make my mortality more calculable & imminent, for now anyway.

Last edited:
Unless you’re not telling us the whole story and if you “ don’t know the whole deal yet “ wait for all your testing to complete before you announce your funeral plans or your impending demise! A blood enzyme test will tell if you had a recent heart attack and can be done in minutes. Hoping everything turns out to be OK for you but really?

May God bless and keep you and your family .

I was in the hospital a few months ago for fluid retention and shortness of breath .

Had a slew of tests , including an andeagram . No significant blockages , so no stints .

They changed my meds & doing much better , except for lower back / hip pain . And worn out knees . But when I have the back / hip issues under control , knees do not bother me that much .

All the best to you , :)

Wyr
God bless

Heart trouble can create feelings of doom. The good news is, we are very good at repairing the heart and restoring adequate function.

And then, you get new diet adventures
laugh.gif

Aren’t you 12 hours from Cleveland ? One of the best heart centers in the world ~

In Houston ~ I met Dr Denton Cooley when he was alive … IMO he saved two family members …
Seek the best … and hang in there …

I’ve had one major MI that left a large scar on my right ventricle at 43 years old. I had two MIs stopped by the trauma center at 61. I have a right coronary artery that collapses stents so I had a CABGx2, also at 61. I have a left ventricle ejection fraction of 34%. At 30% they begin thinking about transplant.

Cujet was right. There’s a lot of doom and gloom and depression regarding heart disease. However, they can do a lot these days to keep you going strong. Today, I’m 65 and I go to work everyday.

Troponin test was.01 which is fine and my calcium ct score was 0. Dr thinks it's most likely coscontritis. I get to live. Thank you everyone. Glad I do the bike and treadmills each day at gym.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Glad to hear the good news! Your first post had me bumbed out...

+1
thumbsup2.gif

I had similar symptoms after suffering a mild heart attack. In my case it turned-out to be Pericarditis (after doing all kinds of tests and scans) which is quite common after experiencing any kind of heart trauma (like a heart attack). Pericarditis is an auto-immune disease where a person's immune system thinks that your heart is an enemy after the trauma, and attacks it. It was VERY painful. In most cases it can be cleared-up fairly quickly with a steroid dose pack treatment, but in my case the Pericarditis kept coming back, so I ended-up having to take prednisone for 5 years to keep it at bay.
As far as diagnosing Pericarditis is concerned, as best as I can tell it is done by a process of elimination, the doctor/cardiologist eliminates every other possibility and is then left with Pericarditis as the default diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back