Tire Rack Offering Free Shipping On Select Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that Tire Rack is offering free shipping on select models of tires.

I hovered over "Tires" and chose "Find By Brand." Then click on a brand you want to check, and it will be noted which models offer free shipping for that particular brand.

It's as though DTD had a positive influence.
wink.gif

Yeah no kidding. DTD has been doing the free shipping thing on most of their tires for ages. I barely even look at Tire Rack for the most part, except when I'm curious about wheels, for pretty much this exact reason.

There is no such thing as "Free Shipping". I would love to know what shipping company ships for free, because I would use it all the time.

Originally Posted By: Traction
There is no such thing as "Free Shipping". I would love to know what shipping company ships for free, because I would use it all the time.

I was looking at the Vredestein Quatrac 5, in size 225/60/17 for my Crosstrek. A couple weeks ago they were ~$108 plus shipping, now they are ~$125 with "free shipping"

Originally Posted By: Voleak
I was looking at the Vredestein Quatrac 5, in size 225/60/17 for my Crosstrek. A couple weeks ago they were ~$108 plus shipping, now they are ~$125 with "free shipping"
LOL! What a deal!

I think Tire Rack has been forced to do this just by the number of online tire sites that offer free shipping. "Free shipping" is obviously relative but I feel you can count on TR to raise prices accordingly versus the others. Once I paid $50 shipping on top of a not particularly great price from TR and that was the last time I used them. Not a great selection and even a bit anti-consumer in my mind.

So, I guess I'm supposed to find TR's pricing to be competitive and they're benevolent enough to add the free shipping into the new price versus their competitors who offer "free shipping" but are cheaper initially and don't raise the price to compensate?? No thanks.

Everybody has to make a dollar or two or they will not be in business long

We as consumers have to shop carefully and with much knowledge. We must compare prices for many providers of services

You must be careful of many free things. You get what you pay for. Nobody gets anything for free

I do not mind people doing me a service or selling me a product and making some money. I just do not want to get screwed in tbe process

You must be mindful as you go through life

Yes but it rolls right off the tongue and sells so well!

OK, you can read that as "shipping included in listed price".

Or "we aren't going to make you go through the checkout procedure before we'll tell you the total price".

I have a Tire Rack warehouse near me so can avoid the shipping deal. I've picked up sets of discontinued tires that I'm familiar with at very good prices.

It just increases the price for those whom Free Shipping doesn't apply ... the selling price goes up, to cover a shipping allowance, but there is no discount if you pay for shipping such as to AK, HI, Canada, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back