Opinions on Walmart Super Tech oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anybody use Walmart Super Tech Oil? I was told by an old time mechanic that as long as its meets the same specs as other brands of oil it is just as good but for a lot less.

ST "Walmart" oil = good
Walmart oil change= bad

I've been there twice when they forgot to put oil in someone's vehicle. Thankfully, not mine.

If you search the board, you'll see that there is actually quite a bit of discussion here about Super Tech oil. It's actually pretty well liked, as a rule. Yes, there are detractors, but overall, people here think it's a decent oil.

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
ST "Walmart" oil = good
Walmart oil change= bad

I've been there twice when they forgot to put oil in someone's vehicle. Thankfully, not mine.

Dealers don't put their brightest bulbs on oil changes either. Anything can happen anyplace, that's why I always check the dipstick.

Originally Posted By: jj51702
Oh wow, a new and exciting question that has never been asked on this board before!

I stink at searching so I posted the question. Sorry it bothered you!

Originally Posted By: 007
Oh wow, a new and exciting question that has never been asked on this board before!

I am sure you have noticed before that rather than take the time to type an answer, the time will be spent to take a jab at members. On every forum you go to. Just ignore it.
cheers3.gif

the oil is fine, just no reason to use it. compare pricing, especially with rebates. one can get mobil 1 cheaper than supertech after rebate.

Originally Posted By: Bud

I am sure you have noticed before that rather than take the time to type an answer, the time will be spent to take a jab at members. On every forum you go to. Just ignore it.
cheers3.gif

You are right, my bad! But my response was sincere.

Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
the oil is fine, just no reason to use it. compare pricing, especially with rebates. one can get mobil 1 cheaper than supertech after rebate.

True, and with Amazon I do not even have to leave the house to get good deals. But if I needed some right now. It’s always at Walmart.

Being honest with you, atleast in my parts. When im in the oil isle and watching what others are buying -- I would say 50% of the time there buying Super Tech oil compared to everything else.

Anybody use Walmart Super Tech Oil? I was told by an old time mechanic that as long as its meets the same specs as other brands of oil it is just as good but for a lot less.

Once I used Advance Auto 10W-40 in an old, high mileage beater and it wouldn't hold the lifters up. Drained and refilled with same weight Valvoline and it was quiet. Same spec's, very different performance.

To the OP, Walmart in Florida SuperTech is usually made by Amalie Oil Company. Will have AOC on the bottom of the container. Good stuff with a good reputation. According to Amalie, they were the first company to introduce multi-viscosity engine oil, so they have been around a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back