Castrol and Pennzoil 0w40 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a small electrical business and needed a good work truck for hauling electrical transformers. I went to a machinery auction this past weekend and bought a 2005 F150 with a 4.2 v6 and a 5 speed. It has 54K miles on it. It was owned by a county town hall and didn't have any maintenance records or owners manual with it.
Awhile back my local Walmart had a bunch of Castrol and Pennzoil 0w40 on clearance. I bought 6 of the 5 quart jugs of each to use in my 2015 BMW. Can I use the 0w40 in my newly bought Ford F150?

Absolutely yes. I have run it in my 06 F150 with the V-6. It was probably the best oil I ever used in it. In the coldest winter it started like a spring morning.

Originally Posted By: Duntov283Cam
I own a small electrical business and needed a good work truck for hauling electrical transformers. I went to a machinery auction this past weekend and bought a 2005 F150 with a 4.2 v6 and a 5 speed. It has 54K miles on it. It was owned by a county town hall and didn't have any maintenance records or owners manual with it.
Awhile back my local Walmart had a bunch of Castrol and Pennzoil 0w40 on clearance. I bought 6 of the 5 quart jugs of each to use in my 2015 BMW. Can I use the 0w40 in my newly bought Ford F150?

Yes you can!
thumbsup2.gif

I own a 2007 F150, 4.2V6, 150K miles. I too bought some CASTROL & PP EURO 0W40 oil at my WM a few months ago. I currently have the PP in my trucks engine and it runs very quiet. I will use the CASTROL on my next OCI, at 3K-5K miles. I recommend you use a synthetic type oil filter. FRAM ULTRA, WIX, M1, are just a few out there. IMHO, the FU is the BEST oil filter on the market.
That sounds like a nice truck with only 54 K miles. If you need any information, or help with your truck, you can PM me. I have owned (3) F150's with the 4.2V6 in them.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

sure won't hurt it, when your done switch out to 5w-30.. 4.2 used 5w-30 for the longest than ford wanted to jump on the viscosity economy wagon and call for 5w-20

Originally Posted By: mx5miata
sure won't hurt it, when your done switch out to 5w-30.. 4.2 used 5w-30 for the longest than ford wanted to jump on the viscosity economy wagon and call for 5w-20

Duntov, this is good advice here. Save the 0W40 for your Beemer. I have run all weights of oil in my 4.2's-0W20, 0W30, 5W20, 5W30, and 10W30, without any problems.
When I'm not using a synthetic type oil filter, I use a MC-FL400S. Some members here frown down on MC oil filters, but I find NOTHING wrong with them.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Duntov283Cam

Yes you can!
thumbsup2.gif

I own a 2007 F150, 4.2V6, 150K miles. I too bought some CASTROL & PP EURO 0W40 oil at my WM a few months ago. I currently have the PP in my trucks engine and it runs very quiet. I will use the CASTROL on my next OCI, at 3K-5K miles. I recommend you use a synthetic type oil filter. FRAM ULTRA, WIX, M1, are just a few out there. IMHO, the FU is the BEST oil filter on the market.
That sounds like a nice truck with only 54 K miles. If you need any information, or help with your truck, you can PM me. I have owned (3) F150's with the 4.2V6 in them.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Curious that the two of you have the same IP address. Do you like talking to yourself?!?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Curious that the two of you have the same IP address. Do you like talking to yourself?!?

Why? Just...why?! Or maybe a household computer?

Duntov283cam, did BlueOvalFitter ever sell you that cam and lifter set for that 302 that he just happen to have in original packaging? If not I'd be interested!

Originally Posted By: 209paulc
Duntov283cam, did BlueOvalFitter ever sell you that cam and lifter set for that 302 that he just happen to have in original packaging? If not I'd be interested!

I'm waiting on a "NEW FRIEND" that l have been in PM's with to make this thread "RIGHT."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back