Coyo oil filter failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year the local discount auto parts store offered these filters for $2 and they looked reasonable so I bought a couple. I cannot find any information on them. After a few weeks of use I noticed and occasional

start up rattle. It be came more frequent so I changed the filter last week. In use for about 5,000 miles. The filter seems of reasonable construction and the filter media stood up well. If you look close at the photos you can see the anti drain back valve does not make a seal against the base plate. I examined the other new filter I have and it's even worse. Air freely flows down the center threaded hole and out past the ADBV.
NOT a recommended filter.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Call me crazy, but it almost looks like the ADBV was put in backwards.

That's the first thing I thought of but I examined the ADBV and it can only go in one way. What ya see is what ya get.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
Last year the local discount auto parts store offered these filters for $2 and they looked reasonable so I bought a couple.

Sometimes you get what you paid for products, especially with unknown brand name products.

Reminds me of the AAP "Driveworks" house brand oil filters they carried for awhile. Only filter I had startup rattle also with marginal ADBV material that was hard as a rock after only a few thousand miles of use.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
Last year the local discount auto parts store offered these filters for $2 and they looked reasonable so I bought a couple.

Sometimes you get what you paid for products, especially with unknown brand name products.

Indeed!

Respectfully,

Pajero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back