BG oil additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Which BG additive ...

BG MOA(Motor Oil Additive)which now comes in conventional(Part #110) and synthetic(Part #115). I am a big fan of BG products especially BG 44K fuel injector cleaner.

We had an Acura in the past and the dealer added the B&G at every oil change from the first one on.

I used to work at a Honda dealership and we sold BG. BG themselves will Warranty the vehicle with continued use of their products at set intervals, I think that is what is actually being discussed. BG does have nomenclature for what they will and will not warranty. In no shape or form did we ever tell people that it was "required" to maintain Honda factory Warranty, but out of warranty it was required if you wanted basically the extended warranty from BG.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Once the factory warranty is up the dealer can demand whatever they want to continue the warranty on the engine. They demand you buy an extra service that you don't need or there goes their part of the warranty extension, its a hose job they know hardly anyone will stay with.
It sounds like a place to stay away from IMO.

+1
However, it may be fun to play the game. Contact Honda corporate and explain the situation, including the discrepancy between the Honda manual and the dealer recommendations. It would be interesting to see how the dealer responds, if corporate counters their recommendation.

Last edited:
The warranty is from BG not the dealer. You get the warranty when you purchase and continue to use the BG product.

Diggin' up bones, but I knew I would find some posts here.

A service manager tells me that if I use BG oil additive every other OC that BG will cough up 4 grand should engine failure occur, If I started when the auto was new.

If I wait until 99,999 miles and use the treatment, again every other OC, they're good for two grand upon engine failure as long as I own the auto.

Most definitely the dealership is throwing out a lure for a 50 clam OC, BG treatment cost not included.
--
Here's the claim from BG website:

The BG Engine Performance Service with BG Advanced Formula MOA® is backed by the Lifetime BG Protection Plan® plan if the initial service is performed within 100,000 miles (160,000 km). To maintain coverage, get a BG Engine Performance Service every 10,000 miles (16,000 km)! - (oil consumption not covered)

The whole spiel if you've nothing better to do\bored.

https://www.bgprod.com/lpp/

I have a sneaky suspicion that if I hopped on the bandwagon and experienced catastrophic engine failure that I surely would have violated one of the finer points of BG contract.

In essence paying for the product and dealer OC for naught extra.
--
The service manager also mentioned something about a bearing test at 2K RPM that made the 5w-30 syn-blend they used "the bomb."
I started drifting off when he brought up the notorious bearing test\qualifier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back