Jay Leno tests the new Corvette ZR1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had a great career and was at one time my favorite comedian in the mid to late "80s. I would hate to see him seriously injured or worse.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
No one on here suggesting they put the diesel Colorado engine in the Corvette?
In a Cadillac, yes it makes sense. That came up in a Cadillac thread the other day, and someone there thought Cadillacs were track cars. People buy Cadillacs for long trips, great torque punch, and want great cruising MPG's a diesel could give them in that application. A diesel, no Not in a pure sports car like a vette where mass is critical.

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
He's had a great career and was at one time my favorite comedian in the mid to late "80s. I would hate to see him seriously injured or worse.

Guys really cool, did lots of business with NBC and have hung out with him a few times.

Look up the hemi under glass video - where the guy rolls it with leno in the car.

As far as nascar in the 80's - sure - an unrestricted race motor on race gas in a tube frame car isnt that hard to get to 200 if geared right.

A street car on pump gas with a warranty quite a bit harder, but for sure Id expect the thing to go 200 MPH.

UD

Last edited:
The smoking tire guy rips around Road Atlanta in one, its pretty amazing how fast he's going with so little drama. One with sticky tires and a race driver would be impressive though. I was at Mosport this weekend and I wonder what class of race cars this car would be faster than?

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
In a Cadillac, yes it makes sense. That came up in a Cadillac thread the other day, and someone there thought Cadillacs were track cars. People buy Cadillacs for long trips, great torque punch, and want great cruising MPG's a diesel could give them in that application. A diesel, no Not in a pure sports car like a vette where mass is critical.
They we’re not talking abot Cadillacs. They were talking about the CTS-V, which is a racecar. Not a CTS.

That’s like saying old people like to drive Nissan Versas, but put a diesel in a Nissan GTR for the old people.

They we’re not talking abot Cadillacs. They were talking about the CTS-V, which is a racecar. Not a CTS.

It isn't a race car, it's a high performance sports saloon targeted at the market historically held by cars like the BMW M5.

I'm surprised, given the oil burner love and abject 'frugality' so prevalent on here.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

It isn't a race car, it's a high performance sports saloon targeted at the market historically held by cars like the BMW M5.

Not a racecar per se (although a race version is campaigned with success in some race series), but it most definitely IS a fully 'trackable' ride, just like the Tuetonmobile you've mentioned.
wink.gif

Bull. The thread subject was Cadillac ATS, not just the "V" versions. Read it all again: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4759674/Re:_Dead:_Cadillac_ATS_Sedan#Post4759674
People don't always walk into a Cadillac dealership looking for a race car. Just not reality.

Most people understand the difference between a ZR1 and a Cadillac sedan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back