Can any team beat Golden State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to be able to turn on the hiney kickin switch whenever they feel like it. I certainly don't see any of the remaining teams beating them...

I miss the Lakers vs Celtics style games of the 80s. These guys spend too much time shooting threes. It's boring for the most part. Golden State will only be beat when a better team is assembled to beat them.

A funny thing happens when a 73 win team adds the second best player in the world to their roster- they become nearly impossible to beat.

As much as Golden State gets lauded as being one of the best teams ever put together, we should also remember that it is in large part because of a historic hike in salary cap (which will never happen again, at least at that scale) and a great player without an alpha instinct who wanted to win a championship and his contract just so happened to coincide with that historic salary cap hike.

Originally Posted By: Pike51
The New England Patriots can

They couldn't even beat the fecals!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Even though they've been erratic at times this year, I still find it hard to bet against the LeBrons Cavaliers!

CLE won't even get by Boston...

Originally Posted By: deven
Houston can!

You mean the team that just got smacked down by 41 points by GS?

Originally Posted By: JustN89
A funny thing happens when a 73 win team adds the second best player in the world to their roster- they become nearly impossible to beat.

As much as Golden State gets lauded as being one of the best teams ever put together, we should also remember that it is in large part because of a historic hike in salary cap (which will never happen again, at least at that scale) and a great player without an alpha instinct who wanted to win a championship and his contract just so happened to coincide with that historic salary cap hike.

GS is by far the best team in the NBA right now, but there were better teams in the past...the Jordan Bulls were better, the Bird Celtics were better, and I'm sure there were others too...

Steph gonna Steph...
And Klay's defense on the beard was the real story, as far as I'm concerned.
If James Harden doesn't get 40+ the Rockets are duds.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: JustN89

GS is by far the best team in the NBA right now, but there were better teams in the past...the Jordan Bulls were better, the Bird Celtics were better, and I'm sure there were others too...

Different teams, different eras, different reliance and emphasis on the three, etc.,etc. When looked at in total, I don't think that ( individually or collectively in every area ) those Bulls or Celtics teams were better than the current GS team...it's kind of a mixed bag of superiority. IMO, the Bulls had more of a reliance on fewer players...does that make them better or not?? GS is supposedly a better rated defensive team than the 95-96 Bulls...I'm not sure if that would have mattered if Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman got to them where other teams didn't...but I realize on here "older" has to be better.

All I know is I'm happy that Oakland...er Golden State is saying they won't be changing their name back to San Francisco again when they move to SF in the next couple years. The significance of that might be lost on people who don't live here but I fully expected it.

If injuries don’t happen then GS has to be the favorite. With that said they just lost one of their top five.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I can't believe how much I use to love basketball. Now I couldn't care less. Go bolts.

Amen brother! Whats with NBA giving teams like 3 days off between games. Thats a total sham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back