PCMO diesel category missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the PCMO diesel category? Where do you post that id you have a question?

Either can fall into A3/B4 ("European" oil for us Americans) or HDEO categories.

Last edited:
All,

We decided to combine the PCMO-Diesel and HDEO-Diesel. All the threads that were in the PCMO-Diesel forum are moved to the HDEO-Diesel Vehicles forum. The PCMO-Diesel forum has been removed.

Wayne

Nevermind, Wayne has the answer, forget my speculation.
wink.gif

Last edited:
I know I'm not a long term member on here but I don't see this as a good thing. Diesel PCMO's are more and more specific boutique oils that are only good for car duty or Euro diesels and definitely not at all good for HD engines. Likewise, HDEO's are almost never good to use in light duty car/Euro applications. Considering the amount of first time diesel buyers who may come to this site looking for information...and have the oil education level of thinking 10w30 is a type of oil.....I think this is a mistake.

The HDEO forum should be for oils that would traditionally fall into the latest Cx-4/Fx-4 or equivalent Euro spec (like MB 228.31 etc) and the PCMO Diesel forum be for the Dexos2/VW 505xx/ MB229.xx type of oils. These specs are not getting any closer together..so the forums shouldn't.

Originally Posted By: PiperOne
I know I'm not a long term member on here but I don't see this as a good thing. Diesel PCMO's are more and more specific boutique oils that are only good for car duty or Euro diesels and definitely not at all good for HD engines. Likewise, HDEO's are almost never good to use in light duty car/Euro applications. Considering the amount of first time diesel buyers who may come to this site looking for information...and have the oil education level of thinking 10w30 is a type of oil.....I think this is a mistake.

The HDEO forum should be for oils that would traditionally fall into the latest Cx-4/Fx-4 or equivalent Euro spec (like MB 228.31 etc) and the PCMO Diesel forum be for the Dexos2/VW 505xx/ MB229.xx type of oils. These specs are not getting any closer together..so the forums shouldn't.
The only reason for the difference in oil between the PCMO diesels and the HD diesel is because of there stricter emission requirement. Before this strict emissions stuff, people could use a HDEO oil.

There’s a world of difference between a diesel PCMO and a HDEO. If anything the diesel PCMO stuff should be shifted to the European oils forum rather than HDEO.

I wouldn't oppose that idea of yours. After all, at least in Europe, the C3 things seem to be replacing the A3/B4 ones for a lot of applications. Here, it's taking a little longer, at least for the European gassers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back