GMC 3500 sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearing out "winter stock"
seems correct to me
21.gif

Might as well. Trucks just keep getting bigger and bigger, but people aren't hauling bigger and bigger loads or towing larger things...

If you can't afford something on this board....your only option is to spew HATE.

Have you ever driven one of these $65k trucks? You actually get a lot of capabilities and luxury to boot.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
If you can't afford something on this board....your only option is to spew HATE.

Have you ever driven one of these $65k trucks? You actually get a lot of capabilities and luxury to boot.
Yes, I have driven one (and the Ram in my sig stickered for almost $50K when it was new, bought for $28K at 14 months old and 35,000 miles)-they're nice, but RIDICULOUSLY overpriced when optioned at all (crew, SLT/King Ranch, etc.). I've often wondered if the tax writeoff subsidy is the reason they got so high. I'm sure Dave Ramsey would have some interesting ideas. Off to make some more money with the $800 GMC C3500 in my sig!

I have owned many and my post was about a winter sale..... Thats all.
But I agree, hate everything you can't or won't afford. That ain't right.
Some of us need those capabilities.

That said I buy nearly base models with a few options and got a great truck a few years ago for $33k.

Originally Posted By: Zee09

I have owned many and my post was about a winter sale..... Thats all.
But I agree, hate everything you can't or won't afford. That ain't right.
Some of us need those capabilities.

That said I buy nearly base models with a few options and got a great truck a few years ago for $33k.

Exactly, I just bought a 2018 K3500 brand new for $37.6k

Last edited:
Ah yes another BITOG truck thread where many say trucks are too expensive. Go ahead and buy a cheap used truck and fix it up then. I look forward to a new truck someday, but its far from a need.

No use complaining about the prices. they wont get any cheaper as time goes on. People (Not all people) will keep affording, wanting, buying and using these nice trucks.

Congrats to all those buying these nice trucks. Keep them nice and sell me a good used one someday!

Just thinking to myself, I need to get to the home improvement store to get a few bags of mulch, some fertilizer and some Petunias. A big truck like that will be just perfect for this job. At the discounted $70K price tag, it is just the vehicle I need for this and other similar homeowner tasks.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Just thinking to myself, I need to get to the home improvement store to get a few bags of mulch, some fertilizer and some Petunias. A big truck like that will be just perfect for this job. At the discounted $70K price tag, it is just the vehicle I need for this and other similar homeowner tasks.

You really need a Dually for that man.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Jealousy and Hatred

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Jealousy and Hatred

The easiest way to get a truck for a reasonable price is to just buy what you want but in 2wd

My 2wd v8 crewcab 1/2 ton loaded but for the 2wd with 40,000 mileson the clock was $5000, rhino liner and bed cover in place.

I sometimes drove all winter when I first got it but now days store it insurance shut off until I need to pull a trailer, move wood pellets or do some other truck activity , it’s so cheap to keep it’s worth keeping it hybernating for jobs needing a truck.

Only thing that really disappoints me about the truck is that it’s automatic,
When I used a diesel suburban trailer in towevery week of my life for my livelihood
I always swapped in a 5 speed after the automatic grenaded.

The automatic hasn’t racked up enough miles to fail so I guess I’m stuck with [censored] city mpgs
Ah well

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Might as well. Trucks just keep getting bigger and bigger, but people aren't hauling bigger and bigger loads or towing larger things...

Actually, plenty of people are. When I was looking for a Dually not too long ago, I considered all three makes. The GM immediately took itself out of the running, as it doesn't have the necessary towing capacity. I think that's why GM is overhauling their HD pickups in the near future, so they can compete with RAM and Ford.

It's more vehicle than I'd want or need but I'm always for spurring the economy! I say buy'em up if you can! I have lots of friends and co-workers with $600-$700/mo for 72-84mo truck payments and think nothing of them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JTK
It's more vehicle than I'd want or need but I'm always for spurring the economy! I say buy'em up if you can! I have lots of friends and co-workers with $600-$700/mo for 72-84mo truck payments and think nothing of them.

I have a real ? For you.
I always want to save and get a regular cab like yours.
But I have been cramped in Fords. You think a 6'8" guy like myself can fit
in it comfortably? Thanks!

Nobody buys a ton truck just to commute in and for those trips to Home Depot.
Ton truck buyers typically need this kind of load capability for work, or they have an awesomely large and weighty RV, boat or toy hauler to tow. As an aside, if you regularly launch and recover a trailered boat from launching ramps, then you absolutely want 4WD. As an OT aside, boat launching ramps can offer some of the most amusing free entertainment available.
If someone who has to spend a lot of time in their truck wants a nicer interior and a more upscale exterior look and is willing to spend the extra money to get it, then why shouldn't they?
Trucks are now expensive because we've been in a market fueled by a strong economy and cheap gas for a while and all God's children want a truck. Supply and what some economists call felt demand, meaning I want it and I can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back