MicroGard MGL3614 cut @ ~200 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Yeah, I have too many filters thanks to this forum
laugh.gif
and what the heck. I got these MicroGard filters about 5 years ago during that O'Reilly MS5K special. Now the oil is that much fresher for the next owner. I took a shot of both the base and dome end just for gt.

I will post more later

Yeah true. But does it look bad?? Absolutely not. It looks to be in very good condition. Of course 200 miles it should.

Last edited:
Many virgin posting here but I figured why not post one that is barely used. And OMG I have so many filters thanks to the darned sales forum.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Many virgin posting here but I figured why not post one that is barely used. And OMG I have so many filters thanks to the darned sales forum.

Hehe, that makes two of us
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers

Hehe, that makes two of us
smile.gif

Three. Couldn’t resist the $.75 SuperTech filters. I’ll have to buy more cars to use them...

Those are old Fram-made MicroGards. MicroGard oil filters have been made by Wix for at least a couple years now, and are the same as Wix Protec and Napa ProSelect.

I ended up with 6 of the ST 10955 filters for the 2011 Town and Country...at 75 cents each.

Dad asked me how many more years that he'll have to keep that van, just so I will be able to use up all those cheap filters.
wink.gif

He was a little skeptical of these filters. I put a Wix made 75 cent SuperTech, next to a $12 Wix filter, and told him to tell me which was which. Of course, he couldn't.

Whoever made the filter needs to put the end caps on centered in the future. That's one messed up thing with the center tube edge and glue interface. I would rather use an empty can with no element at all inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back