05 SILVERADO 275K miles added to fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my police VIC had to go bye bye.....:(

And now have a 05 Silverado 1500 Z71 with 275K miles as a "TEMP truck" for summer to move some [censored] around

Oil is FRESH and cluster says "oil life 99%" Was thinking of flushing it out and using some of my stash of delo 400 XLE 10W30 I have laying around ??

BUT !! I still have my dealer coupon for $15 oil change using dealer oil, they say it's fully synthetic "Bulk Mobil 1" ??

Dave

Last edited:
Why are you changing oil on a temp truck? If you want to do it so bad, change it on something you're going to keep.

Originally Posted By: GMguy84
So my police VIC had to go bye bye.....:(

And now have a 05 Silverado 1500 Z71 with 275K miles as a "TEMP truck" for summer to move some [censored] around

Oil is FRESH and cluster says "oil life 99%" Was thinking of flushing it out and using some of my stash of delo 400 XLE 10W30 I have laying around ??

BUT !! I still have my dealer coupon for $15 oil change using dealer oil, they say it's fully synthetic "Bulk Mobil 1" ??

Dave

Leave it in for 5000 miles then use your coupon or stash.

I think OLM's are a waste of space. I'm old school, I change it when I want to change it.
That being said, if you "KNOW" that the OCI is fresh, leave it! Save your coupon/money and your stash for future OCI's.
smile.gif

I’m more than a little skeptical of a $15.00 “fully synthetic Mobil 1” oil change. Somethings fishy.

Otherwise it might be fun to run something in this truck you wouldn’t typically use. Or the cheapest oil possible. Or something like that, if you absolutely want to change it.

As martial arts expert Diemon Dave says, “Don’t go Ninja’in’ somebody that don’t need Ninja’in’”

I am a big fan of changing all fluids on a used vehicle as a standard operating procedure. You say its a temp truck but i bet you like it too much and keep it around.

Originally Posted By: dareo
I am a big fan of changing all fluids on a used vehicle as a standard operating procedure. You say its a temp truck but i bet you like it too much and keep it around.

No it's a temp truck lol

275K miles
4WD doesn't work
driver door hinges are WORN OUT
ABS/BRAKE lights are on

And more I dont wanna know lol

meh.....probably gonna just change the oil filter since its a QT over full for some reason ?? and it has the tiny P46 delco(champion labs) and have a stash of FUG 3675's I want on it.

$15 oil coupon expires on May 31 so time running out lol

Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave1251
Since it has all the issues you listed. Don't bother changing the oil.

LOL,Just needed rotors/pads upfront and 4WD works now it was just a $30 switch on dash

Dave

For whatever reason 99-2007 chevy trucks can take a real beating.We had 3 part runners single cab 4.8s/5.3s all with over 250k,they ran 5 days a week 8-9 hours a day,they changed the oil 4 times a year.

A couple fuel pumps over the years and a radiator,but that was really it.Always over loaded in the mornings,with bed on the bump-stops,you could not kill those trucks,the motors and trans never had a issue,the body’s got so bad,we sold all three and got 3 2012 long bed v6’s that are also doing well and better mpgs

But to answer your question,I would run the oil for while and get my moneys worth.

Originally Posted By: troutfisher
For whatever reason 99-2007 chevy trucks can take a real beating.We had 3 part runners single cab 4.8s/5.3s all with over 250k,they ran 5 days a week 8-9 hours a day,they changed the oil 4 times a year.

A couple fuel pumps over the years and a radiator,but that was really it.Always over loaded in the mornings,with bed on the bump-stops,you could not kill those trucks,the motors and trans never had a issue,the body’s got so bad,we sold all three and got 3 2012 long bed v6’s that are also doing well and better mpgs

But to answer your question,I would run the oil for while and get my moneys worth.

Oh I know it !!!! This is my 4th 99-07 GMT800 full size pickup truck !!! On my 2nd 00-06 suburban right now

For me most common issues have been the fuel pumps/sending units, upper steering shafts, Window regulators.

But ya oil life monitor says 98% so gonna run it for now, But it did have a STP oil filter on it and my OCD kicked in, So I took it off and put in a FUG X3675 from my stash lol

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back