Strong relationship between SuperS and Kmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

In addition to the shelf space, SuperS gets another spot in store.

On sale now thru 6/2

- blue synthetic blend is $8.99 for 5 quarts!
- silver syn blend HM 9.99 for a 5 quarts jug!

Blue purolator oil filter is about $5.4 regular price

Yes, kmarts in your town closed down and they don’t have money to re-model their stores

Last edited:
Too bad customers don't have a strong relationship with Kmart. I do have one near our house that will likely be the last one that gets shut down since a lot of the illegals in my area shop there as its walking distance to those neighborhoods.

Lots of Kmarts in Australia and they seem to be doing OK. Here they have a relationship with Shell.

Shell Helix HX3 20W50 (API SL/CF) in the red jug at $20 for 5L.
Shell Helix HX5 15W40 (API SN/CF & ACEA A3/B3) in the yellow at $26.
Shell Helix HX7 10W40 semi-synthetic (SN/CF, A3/B4, VW 502/505, MB 229.3) in the blue at $32 for 5L.

They are everyday prices at KMart, which are very good and beat any auto store hands down unless they are having a decent sale. A typical auto store would sell the HX7 for $40 to $45, but sometimes you can get HX7 on sale for $20 to $25 and HX3 for $15. If you don't follow the sales, buying Shell at KMart is the way to go in Oz.

Impressive end-cap display. Does Smitty's insist they keep it on a pallet for quick recovery in case of impending bankruptcy?
27.gif

I think KMarts height was during their 80/81 linkup with Chrysler for their "K Cars at K Mart" promotion.Basically local dealers would display new Aries/Reliant cars at their local K Mart,offer contests and giveaways and test rides.It was nationally sanctioned by Chrysler. I don't know of another carmaker teaming with a major chain retailer like that since.Certainly not Wal Mart or Target...or Sears....or JC Penney....

...although Belknap Mall in Belmont NH used to have an "Indoor Car Show" where local dealers would drive new models inside the enclosed mall and display cars in the lobby walk areas.Wasnt a national thing though,just local.I remember they parked a Pontiac Aztek in front of the DMV licencing spot.Couldnt get over how stupid that rear window design was...not so great visibility....

No, their online system is a mess. SuperS won’t show up in the Kmart app either

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have $15 in points there! Guess i need to drive across town and nab some oil. They closed our busy kmart but kept the ghost town one open.

My man! Free oil. Been playing Xtra spins and sweeps?

KMart stores have always been notorious for having junk filling the isles. But they never seemed to be able to keep regular shelf items in stock. Finally just stopped shopping there. That store used to be the only real game in town and is now GONE. It's no wonder.

Originally Posted By: jj51702
Too bad customers don't have a strong relationship with Kmart.

I'd say it's the other way around. My wife and I always hit the Kansas State Fair in September. It's a good two hour drive for us and it used to have the nearest K-Mart store. A couple of years ago, K-Mart had their Super S oil on sale at that time. I stopped in there to purchase some and it was clearly sale-priced on the shelf, but rang up wrong at the cash register. I mentioned it to the cashier and she had somebody check on the price. The "associate", or whatever K-Mart calls them tells me that it's not on sale. I go back to the automotive section and the associate had pulled the sale price sticker off the shelf.
I was going to grab a flyer and point out that it was clearly on sale, but I just simply gave up and left without making a purchase.
The next year we drove past it, it was boarded up and had weeds growing between the cracks in the parking lot. That's been about my experience with every K-Mart store that I've tried to give business to and that's why their stores are ghost towns.

They don’t bother changing the price on the shelf but it rang up on sale 8.99

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I think KMarts height was during their 80/81 linkup with Chrysler for their "K Cars at K Mart" promotion.Basically local dealers would display new Aries/Reliant cars at their local K Mart,offer contests and giveaways and test rides.It was nationally sanctioned by Chrysler. I don't know of another carmaker teaming with a major chain retailer like that since.Certainly not Wal Mart or Target...or Sears....or JC Penney....

I’m a little too young to remember that. It sounds so incredibly ‘80s! My folks once had a Reliant; it wasn’t bad. It was better than most of the GM stuff at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back