8 telemarketer calls per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dave1027
I had our land line disconnected about a year ago. Best decision I ever made. Finally, peace and quiet.

I get them on my cell phone now.

Originally Posted By: Rick505
Originally Posted By: Dave1027
I had our land line disconnected about a year ago. Best decision I ever made. Finally, peace and quiet.

I get them on my cell phone now.

My telemarketer ditch was a two step process.
1. Leave the landline buried where it belongs.
2. Leave Sprint POS buried next to it.

I think the phone system is royally screwed. Between the telemarketers and scammers, the phone is now just another marketing gimmick or attack vector to weak-minded people. I don't answer it at all anymore except for family and friends whose numbers I recognize. The worst part is trying to make outgoing calls to local businesses. They don't seem to be answering much anymore either. When I recently started down the list of local plumber candidates to replace hose bibs on the house it took IIRC, 6 tries before somebody even answered the phone.

Twelve today so far. I have the phone set up to cut them off at one ring. Even so it is still annoying.

I use up their time play with them like you are interested then hang up. It is a sport.

I just saw someone said pickup and say parts department, or paint department, or some sort of business. Play it off like its a business and theyll start to take your name off.

Many "land line" providers have options for using Nomorobo. Free for land lines.

Link To Nomorobo.

For I-Phone and Android Cell Phones. I use Hiya. It can be found in the app store.

I use Google Voice - Hangouts and you can find a lot of info about the free service on You Tube, etc.

If this is a landline and you can follow a few detailed instructions you should go to NOMOROBO.
I have had it a for several years.

Nomorobo works. I still get a lot of the spoofed local/regional numbers, but I don't answer if I don't recognize. None of those ever leaves a voicemail.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
A few years ago I added myself. I still have the same number.

Time to refresh....the list is only good for 5 years.

Originally Posted By: JLTD

Notice the ALERT in red text.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: JLTD

Notice the ALERT in red text.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Interesting...perhaps they changed it since last time I re-registered.

These dirtbags also spoof random numbers. I live in Lincoln Ne and every day get calls from small Nebraska towns like Ashland , Malcom, Greenwood. Towns that I know would not have a telemarketing company. These people are mostly from India and are 100% scammers. I block them with a call blocker. They are beyond annoying and it is getting worse … a lot worse. Of course there is the "do notcall list" but only honest telemarketers heed those rules.. the crooks do not and do not care. Not sure if there are any legit telemarketers left anymore. Mostly the crooks have ruined it for everyone. I consider 100% of the telemarketer call I get to be scammers. A call blocker is pretty much essential and about the only way to stop the calls. Answering the calls ( even though it can be fun sometimes to mess with the morons ,probably ensures more calls, not answering does not deter them either as they just keep calling. Phone companies have the tech to stop it but they just do not want to, since they still make $$ for everycall scammer or not. About all we a consumers can do is block them, but even then these dirtbags just call from another # the next day. I am guessing that they have some sort of computer program that helps them run this scam. They use old recording as well. These scum have been bothering Americans for 3-4 decades now. They need to be shut down.

Wife works from home, landline phone rings 10-12 times a day. We've been on the Do-Not-Call list since day 1.
Apologies if I'm beating a good horse to death here, but I think this idea would work:
Everyone who has a number has the OPTION to make it a 900 or 976 number. In other words, if your phone rings, you get hard, cold cash put into your account, not a discount or a dollar-off offer. To anybody who says that a spammer can work their way around this, I say that if your phone rings, you get money deposited in your account, period. I'd keep it small, something like $.05 or $.10 per call. If you are calling someone, you can afford the nickle or dime. If you are a telemarketer, the hundreds of thousands of calls made per day will hit them in their bank account. This would be set up by the phone companies, since they are the ones who have profited from telemarketers and have really done nothing to stop them.
The next person campaigning for president with this idea will get elected/reelected.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Have fun with them and kill some time if you get bored. Tell them what you would like to do to them with a metal bed frame in an old van, chains and a 200 amp battery charger and 2 sponges. Or try to sell them roofing materials.
They will think you are a nut case and not call again.

When I want to have fun with them I tell them I'm a proctologist and offer them my services. I wonder why they always want to end the conversation so quickly?
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back