2016 Ford Shelby GT350R, 2083mi, Motorcraft 5W50

Status
Not open for further replies.
8Bk1loT.jpg

Hey gurus, I'd love your input on the UOA above. It took almost a year to rack up those 2083 miles. Shortly after the last change the change the Shelby saw 5 ~25 minute sessions at Circuit of the Americas where the ambient temperature peaked at over 100F.

The viscosity held up better than other UOA's I've seen on MC 5w50. It is in the 40 range, but I have seen it shear down to 30 grade in other people's UOA's. Copper, Lead, and Tin all appearing together may indicate some bearing wear, but I don't know what bearing material is used in the GT350 engine (could be Aluminum bearings). Iron wear is pretty low. And Blackstone already mentioned the Aluminum wear. But the car still has low miles on it, and it all may still be break-in wear.

You only have ~2000 miles on the car??? if so an analysis like this isn't even close to accurate yet. The engine is still breaking in!!

Did you top up with a different brand of oil at some point? MC 5w-50 has (in order to meet the Ford spec) less than 800 ppm of phosphorus. You're reading elevated phosphorus and zinc.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
You only have ~2000 miles on the car??? if so an analysis like this isn't even close to accurate yet. The engine is still breaking in!!

4300 on the engine, 2083 on the oil. But agree, it’s not broken in yet.

Originally Posted By: jaj
Did you top up with a different brand of oil at some point? MC 5w-50 has (in order to meet the Ford spec) less than 800 ppm of phosphorus. You're reading elevated phosphorus and zinc.

I did not, but the car was serviced by Ford for an oil cooler line recall. That required topping up the car with whatever volume was in the lines.

From what I can see, the Aluminum PPM is tracking pretty evenly with miles on oil.

First fill (720mi) = 8.33PPM / 1000 mi
Second fill (1511mi) = 5.95PPM / 1000 mi
Third fill (2083mi) = 7.20PPM / 1000 mi

Still breaking in.. I wouldn't think too hard about those numbers just yet.

You track dayed at The Circuit of the Americas! WOW! You lucky dog! That had to be a blast!
How fast did you get going down that long straight?
I just saw the MotoGp bikes there a few weeks ago and they were almost doing 220 MPH.

Originally Posted By: Stevie
You track dayed at The Circuit of the Americas! WOW! You lucky dog! That had to be a blast!
How fast did you get going down that long straight?
I just saw the MotoGp bikes there a few weeks ago and they were almost doing 220 MPH.

It was AWESOME! My GPS says I hit 142 before standing on the brakes at the turn 11 hairpin. I think the GT350R tops out at 167 - a tad slower than the non-R due to the aero. A better driver would have it at 150 at the end of the straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back