8 telemarketer calls per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im on the do not call list and I get about 8 calls a day between 7-7 everyday. The phone even says scam likely. So annoying.

Have fun with them and kill some time if you get bored. Tell them what you would like to do to them with a metal bed frame in an old van, chains and a 200 amp battery charger and 2 sponges. Or try to sell them roofing materials.
They will think you are a nut case and not call again.

Problem is that telemarketers are calling from outside the US and therefore not subject to US laws. Most are calling from India & Pakistan

Geeks name Todd and Rachael call me every other day all worked up about my credit card account. And the old vehicle warranty scam seems to be warming up again. Calling about warranty coverage on a fourteen year old vehicle.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
Have fun with them and kill some time if you get bored. Tell them what you would like to do to them with a metal bed frame in an old van, chains and a 200 amp battery charger and 2 sponges. Or try to sell them roofing materials.
They will think you are a nut case and not call again.

It’s all computer driven. Once you pick up the phone you tell that computer that you are home at that time which will spur even more calls.

While cell phones don’t eliminate the issue, it’s easier to block. Just set the phone to ring only if the caller is in your contact list.

1.practice your favourite Pickup lines

2.try to sell them fishing equipment

3.you are hard of hearing

4.would you like your oil changed

5.the neigbor's stuffed owl keeps looking at me

6.hi you reached the Nigeria's prince hotline

7.Howdy, this is Texas Ranger's Electronic Crime Fighting Division

8.me like smash things

Tell them you are "Gary or Sue or Brad" the "deceased" family member down for his/her funeral. Please stop calling because it upsets the wife/husband of the "deceased". In other words tell them your DEAD. It works, you will now be entered as DECEASED. The calls will stop. I do it all the time. About 90'ish days tell the first caller the same thing. It works.
The reason they start calling again is because your name gets back in the system through all the stores, banks, PayPal etc. Just tell them your DEAD....again. It works.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dave1027
I had our land line disconnected about a year ago. Best decision I ever made. Finally, peace and quiet.

I got rid of my land line 5 months ago. Only took about 2 months before scammer calls were coming in on my cell phone.

My simple rule which works well: If the in-coming number is not in my contact list, I don't answer. If it's an important ligitimate call, they will leave a message.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
While cell phones don’t eliminate the issue, it’s easier to block. Just set the phone to ring only if the caller is in your contact list.

I wouldn't recommend that. I've had ligitimate important calls come in from numbers not in my contacts, and they leave a message with a call back number. If all non-contact numbers are blocked, not sure they could leave a voicemail or not.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: PimTac

I wouldn't recommend that. I've had ligitimate important calls come in from numbers not in my contacts, and they leave a message with a call back number. If all non-contact numbers are blocked, not sure they could leave a voicemail or not.

I think he means the call will go through but you will receive no notifications. If it is important they will leave a voice mail. I almost prefer this because you can call them back later when you can focus on the conversation. On the other hand this is what leads to playing phone tag with people.

If you happen to answer an unknown number, say "Hello" only once. 98% of the time your friends will start talking the moment you say hello the first time. Saying hello twice let their computer know they have a live person and not an answering machine. The computer will then shuttle the call to a live telemarketer.

This has worked many times for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back