mobil 1 delvac 5w-40 ESP UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
mobil 1 delvac 5w-40 ESP

This is my used oil analysis from my 2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU CRD turbodiesel travelled approximately 12,000 km Or 7456 miles on the oil let me know what you guys think

Reactions: a5m
Typical Mobil products showing high iron! I'd bet money if you switch to Rotella T6 that would drop significantly...

Marginal amount of Zinc and low Moly, nothing that makes me want to run this oil in my diesel.

Considering this is CJ4 (from diagnosis section on report) it has more zinc than the Rotella t6 CK4 suggested above.

1332 PPM is hardly marginal in a HDEO it's quite comparable to any other CJ4.

Rotella also has no moly so not sure if racin4ds is a Mobil hater or just Rotella fanboy.

To me this report looks fine. Oil stayed in grade. TBN is low, but you changed it. Statistically it's impossible to draw any conclusions from one data set.

Reactions: a5m
Yeah the TBN is very low which I thought was strange as my EGR is blocked I would’ve thought it would’ve been higher is it possible the test results are incorrect

Originally Posted By: Buzzinhalfdozen
Considering this is CJ4 (from diagnosis section on report) it has more zinc than the Rotella t6 CK4 suggested above.

Rotella also has no moly so not sure if racin4ds is a Mobil hater or just Rotella fanboy.

To me this report looks fine. Oil stayed in grade. TBN is low, but you changed it. Statistically it's impossible to draw any conclusions from one data set.

Mobil 1 Hater AND Rotella Fanboy thank you!

Regardless of Rotella's new formulation, I'd bet his Fe numbers go down with any other oil used... large scale complaints of noise and high Fe is why I will NEVER use a Mobil 1 oil again. I've personally witnessed it in many of my own vehicles, and I used to LOVE their oils...

Not to mention the cost of this supposed "superior oil" and its junk after 7400 miles with that TBN? No thanks...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Originally Posted By: Buzzinhalfdozen

Mobil 1 Hater AND Rotella Fanboy thank you!

Regardless of Rotella's new formulation, I'd bet his Fe numbers go down with any other oil used... large scale complaints of noise and high Fe is why I will NEVER use a Mobil 1 oil again. I've personally witnessed it in many of my own vehicles, and I used to LOVE their oils...

Not to mention the cost of this supposed "superior oil" and its junk after 7400 miles with that TBN? No thanks...

Did you read the Blackstone summary report and see where Delvac 1 landed … if you did you ignored the great results …
Anyone surprised?

It seems to be a trend with CK-4 the molybdenum is going away. It makes me want to switch to AMSoil, atleast they sell actual CJ4 oil with molybdenum.

Originally Posted By: Fraser434
It seems to be a trend with CK-4 the molybdenum is going away. It makes me want to switch to AMSoil, atleast they sell actual CJ4 oil with molybdenum.

Schaeffer 9000 5w40 is still CJ4 with Moly...

Considering that's 11k mile run 23ppm iron is pretty good. I think racin4ds isn't taking that into consideration id be surprised if delo or t6 would show much better results.
Give delo or T5/T6 a shot on 11k mile run now im curious lol.

Last edited:
For only 7400 miles (12,000KM) I'm not entirely impressed with the TBN. As for the wear numbers...more samples over time will tell if it's normal or not.

Note that the TBN was measured with IR spectroscopy. I wonder what it would be done by the old acid titration method. I agree that it is very disappointing especially with EGR delete. On my Unimog it came back 11.4 after 25k mi using higher sulfur fuel about half the time. Starting TBN about 15-16, 8L makeup in a 30L sump.

Originally Posted By: Shata
Considering that's 11k mile run 23ppm iron is pretty good. I think racin4ds isn't taking that into consideration id be surprised if delo or t6 would show much better results.
Give delo or T5/T6 a shot on 11k mile run now im curious lol.

Actually Shata, it was a 11,000 km run, which is 6600 miles. Also, Piper One, the vehicle had 120,000 km and the run was 11,000 km.
Happy to help out.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back