6.7 Powerstroke oil leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been about 3,000 miles since upper oil pan leak fixed...was under truck and saw this on front of block just behind fan passenger side. Could this be residual oil they didn't clean up? Thanks.

Wow that is bad. I would have hoped whoever did it would have had enough pride in their work to clean everything up before putting it back together.

That being said the oil cooler is just above the pan rail on the passenger's side. It is not uncommon for the seals to leak.

Thanks...was clean when I got it back...thought maybe oil from above came down. Out of curiosity, does your dealership work on F550 motorhomes. Appreciate the help.

Thanks bdcarindal. Appreciate your input on here. Cleaned surfaces today and will run and see if it leaks again. Will keep all updated. Take care.

Update on oil leak. I ran dye through it and dealer cannot find anything. I am speculating that this oil was pre-assembly lube when they put the transmission back in after upper oil pan repair? Shop has no clue. I guess that is good news? Take care all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back