Donaldson SP15 filter setup on to Crown Vic 4R70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I installed my transmission filter setup. I purchased a Donaldson filter head and filter from their SP15/25 line. The only place I could find room was in front of the radiator. Initally I considered hanging it off the #1 crossmember, but then realized I could modify one of the brackets for my GoRhino push bumper to hold it. So I cut and drilled a piece of 3/16" steel to match the mounting holes on the head, then removed the bracket from the car and welded it up. I think it works out pretty well. Its protected from road debris by the bumper.
It was too dark to take any pictures when I got done, so I took some after work today for everyone to peruse.
Unfortunatly, its placement makes it very difficult to get good pictures, but I tried my best.
I have it in line, before the cooler.
Filter head is P563278; 3/4NPT, 15psi bypass
Filter is P564967; ß1000 = 6µm, 5.4" long. I have enough room I could go to the longer P564357. Same filtration rating, but 7.9" long. Its about $5 more off amazon. Im considering it in 5 or 10 when when I change this one. Want to run the first filter kinda short to let it pick up anything currently floating around.
Anyway Ill start off with a pic of the bracket I welded

Picture with it installed, from above.

Picture from underneath. I bored a nasty hole in the plastic guide to route the hose though. The hose is covered with some nylon hydraulic hose sleeving to protect it.

Yup! I like its position over my initial thought of hanging it straight down off the crossmemeber in front of the radiator. I was worried about some debris poking a hole in it, but thats probably rather unlikely considering how thick the Donaldson can is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back