Delete Gmail adress associated with account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow, my google account has become completely and utterly messed up! I created a new gmail account to be able to anonymously log into a website, and that gmail is now the gmail associated with my original google account, the one I've had since gmail/google came into existence, the one associated with my Youtube channel etc.

I can not get rid of that gmail in the account! It is now the gmail/username associated with my account - if I delete the account, it will get rid of EVERYTHING.

Does anyone know of any way to fix this? Google, I swear to god, is utterly infuriating to use. I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is, I created a new gmail account (like I've done dozens of times) and it got associated with my default account, the one I use for gmail, phone, youtube etc.

I also have many google accounts for anonymously signing up for free trials, media websites etc. that I don't want to be obliterated with spam from doing.

Make sure the wrong email address is not the primary email address for the account. You might able to add the original as an alternate email and then switch it to the primary for the account.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Make sure the wrong email address is not the primary email address for the account. You might able to add the original as an alternate email and then switch it to the primary for the account.

OK, that is the exact problem. The new/wrong email has become the default/primary username and email for the account. In the settings, it can't be changed back.

The primary username in Gmail is the username you choose when you create a new email account. If you create a Gmail account through Google under an alternate email address, such as a Yahoo or other email address, then your primary username automatically changes to [email protected]. All email notifications are sent to the primary email address. Gmail allows you to enter alternate email addresses for email access. Should you wish to promote one of these to the primary username in the future, you must remove this alternate address from the existing email address list and create a new account using that alternate email address as the primary username.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back