State of 90W at Lubrication Engineers Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_K

Just spoke with an advisor at LE and got this via email:
=========================================================================
I spoke with Brian in our Technical Dept. Please read his response below.

“The differentials require a GL-5 and this is not available as 1605 DUOLEC Industrial Lubricant, but it is with our Duolec Vari-Purpose Gear Lubricant. In the 1600 series, we have discontinued manufacturing Vari-Purpose and as supplies run out, they are being replaced and sold as Industrial Lubricant. (non GL-5).”
If you already have our 1604 or 1605 DUOLEC Vari-Purpose Lubricant he can use it.
If you need to buy new 1604 or 1605, it will be DUOLEC Industrial Lubricant. If that is the case, you should not buy it because it is no longer appropriate for car differentials that need GL-5, and we don’t have a straight 90W for him to buy. You will need to use 80W-90, LE 703.

I have attached the product literature below for your review. Please let me know if you have any questions.
https://www.lelubricants.com/lit/flyers/0703-0704 Product Info.pdf
===========================================================================

That is interesting. I know many Japanese cars call for SAE90 GL-5 and many owners insist on an exact replacement. I guess those people either should buy OEM fluid or Motul 90PA.

There is also Royal Purple 90W. Never used it though. used the Motul in F-350. I have just filled my Landcruiser with redline 75W-110 after I learned of demise of LE 90W suitable alternative.

..Or you can use LE 9920 75-140wt Full Synthetic, but it is only sold in Drums.. But you can but it from Mag-Hytec Directly, they actually pump in into Quarts and put their own label on it and sell it.. I was at their shop last week picking up 5 quarts… I used the LE 90 wt and 110wt for 225,000 miles on my Diff befor it needed a rebuild… This time going with the Le full Synthetic... They have it for sale directly on Mag-Hytec site...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back