Missing Ammunition Shipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Ordered from TargetSportsUSA.com

Got FedEx emailing says delivered. Nope. Waited half day thinking neighbor would return it. Nope

I started to file a claim with Fedex but then thought, "this is silly". Called Target sports and now they are handling it. They indicated that Fedex will respond to me within 2 hours.

Bottom line. I am impressed so far.

I have ordered many thousands of $$$$ from them. This is the first problem.

I will update.

Last edited:
If you have a FedEx office near you, you can do Hold at Location and pick up packages there.

This is how I get most of my parts for service calls and they will hold a package for 5 business days.

I had some scope mounts that never made it to my house. About a week later my neighbor from down the street came knocking at my door with a package.
How does a delivery driver miss an address by that much I will never figure out.
mad.gif

Amazon has started to take pictures of their deliveries showing where they leave them. I get the picture moments later. This seems like a good way to confirm the delivery as you can do so with a button reply.

My experiences tell me that all the major delivery services use gps versus the address. A good driver will confirm the address. Some younger ones in a hurry do not. When I had deliveries go astray Amazon reconfirmed my gps location and the deliveries have been spot on since.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with UPS here they deliver to my neighbors house half the time. Thing is the neighbor works I just go and pick the package up its always on his porch.

Good luck Al
I had the same issue about 10 years ago.
I had about $5K of ammo and UPS tracking said, " On the truck for delivery"
I bet it still says that. Never showed delivered and I never got it.

Originally Posted By: Al
Ordered from TargetSportsUSA.com

Got FedEx emailing says delivered. Nope. Waited half day thinking neighbor would return it. Nope

I started to file a claim with Fedex but then thought, "this is silly". Called Target sports and now they are handling it. They indicated that Fedex will respond to me within 2 hours.

Bottom line. I am impressed so far.

I have ordered many thousands of $$$$ from them. This is the first problem.

I will update.

I have never used TargetSports before for my ammo purchases but I may have to give them a try. I have seen some pretty decent prices or sales from the in the past. Hope everything works out for you.

Last edited:
A case of .308 for me was delivered down the street. Driver told me his mistake and I went to retrieve it...."didn't see it here" they said.

Next day I had the driver go and tell them he remembered leaving it there......they said, "oh yes, it is here behind the couch...we forgot".

I wonder if a more prudent way to get the package would be to pick it up at FedEx will call? Once the neighbors know you are having ammunition shipped to the house it could open other possibilities that are not favorable. Discretion is something to consider since honesty is becoming less and less in society these days.

Last edited:
It would be very difficult to steal from my front door bc of my location and visibility of the front door. I have good neighbors.
99.9% he just delivered to wrong house. They always ring doorbell..no doorbell and it was only sitting there 20 minutes. I can hear if a car is in driveway. No one walks on this road.

Originally Posted By: ammolab
A case of .308 for me was delivered down the street. Driver told me his mistake and I went to retrieve it...."didn't see it here" they said.

Next day I had the driver go and tell them he remembered leaving it there......they said, "oh yes, it is here behind the couch...we forgot".

Yes they forgot they opened the box too I'll bet!

Originally Posted By: Al

You have any houses in your neighborhood that have the same house number as yours, but on an adjacent street? Typical post office, UPS and FedEx mistake. In some neighborhoods, there can be the same house number on many streets.

The whole object of delivering something is to verify it's the right house on the right street that they are delivering too.

Target Sports has some of the best prices in the industry.... good outfit.

I had a package delivered to the wrong street. Not just the wrong street, but a mile away. The guy that received my package was nice enough to drive it over and deliver it himself, instead of keep it. I live at 12345 Oak Lane and he lived at 2468 Bass Street. The numbers were not the same. The streets were not the same, or even close. I have NO idea what kind of moron read the address on my package and just said, this is close enough.

Lasership delivered a package of mine to a city 75 miles away!! A similar street name, but the address was different, and the city was different. IDIOTS! They told me that according to GPS, the driver delivered it to the wrong house, in the wrong city. Sorry for your luck. I asked them to go retrieve the package, and deliver it to the correct address. They said sorry sir, we don't do that. You can drive 75 miles and retrieve the package from the porch if you want. Just file a claim. I was flabbergasted.

Have had nothing but good service and prices from Target Sports,SG Ammo and Centerfire Systems. Mags I ordered from Centerfire were shipped via USPS, so that's kind of hard to screw up...but some of the letter carriers I've seen are highly capable of screwups. SG Ammo ships UPS and I find the ammo on my front porch each and every time. Forget how Target Sports ships.

Last edited:
Resolved:

I filed a police report today and when I got home the ammo was at my front door!!

I suspect what happened is that the package was delivered to someone's front door and not noticed. It is very normal in my area bc the majority of folks use the door closest to their driveway. In many houses..including mine, the front door is not visible from their driveway!!

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I wonder if a more prudent way to get the package would be to pick it up at FedEx will call? Once the neighbors know you are having ammunition shipped to the house it could open other possibilities that are not favorable. Discretion is something to consider since honesty is becoming less and less in society these days.

That's generally my thought too.

Target sports is good, Ive bought from them a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back