AR-10 on campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it was legal to do. And there are no people in the background, so likely taken on a holiday/weekend when no one was around. I agree with her position.

Before the lock

I wouldn't do it. But campuses don't tolerate much (conservative) free speech anymore. Good for her

Students like her give me hope that there are still some in the age group of high school through college age, who believe in upholding our 2nd Amendment rights, and aren't allowing themselves to be used for the purposes of the anti-gun crowd.

Yeah shooting back at the National Guard would have made a big difference that fateful day. But not in a good way.

She bought it legally and the state she's in allows her to open carry it. She didn't break any laws and she didn't even break the campus rules. Now she is getting death threats online? Those attacking her online with such hatred, anger and venom are the ones I would be worrying about.

“Now that I graduated from @KentState, I can finally arm myself on campus,”, she said.

I suppose that means students aren't allowed to arm themselves but graduates may?

May I "arm myself on {that} campus" even though I'm a citizen from miles away?

It was a story about twitter feeds. .....no facts, just rah-rah polarization fodder from what I could gather.

Oh wow, a chick on a campus with a firearm, how cool is that!

Originally Posted By: BJD78
She bought it legally and the state she's in allows her to open carry it. She didn't break any laws and she didn't even break the campus rules. Now she is getting death threats online? Those attacking her online with such hatred, anger and venom are the ones I would be worrying about.

Don't worry...I'm sure that 'investigative journalists' will track down those making threats....NOT.....now if somebody threated David Hogg, that would be a different story....

That's why although I am a big advocate of Open Carry and did it in my original state of Pennsylvania. It's not a law that could ever be passed in Florida because you would have boneheads carrying AR15s on the beach " Because they can".
Not good for tourism. Shame but I admit idiots exist on both sides of the fence.

Last edited:
A gun around back is extremely atypical and causes stir with people legal or not.

Typical of age group taking the cool photo for social media.

The thing that really matters is if the weapon is loaded or not. Unloaded just a symbol. Loaded a potential deadly hazard dependent not on gun but person yielding it.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
That's why although I am a big advocate of Open Carry and did it in my original state of Pennsylvania. It's not a law that could ever be passed in Florida because you would have boneheads carrying AR15s on the beach " Because they can".
Not good for tourism. Shame but I admit idiots exist on both sides of the fence.

NH we are allowed open and even concealed carry. I was floored to see the idiots walking around with no real reason open carrying weapons in states that happen to be south of me. Concealed carry without license is newish but even before people were not morons in NH. No signs affixed about no weapons when you walk into office buildings either.....

Originally Posted By: madRiver
A gun around back is extremely atypical and causes stir with people legal or not.

Typical of age group taking the cool photo for social media.

The thing that really matters is if the weapon is loaded or not. Unloaded just a symbol. Loaded a potential deadly hazard dependent not on gun but person yielding it.

I'm one of the few here that making my living from guns and related accessories.
That said I agree a 100 percent. Nothing more than look how cool I am.
Honestly it is their right but we have way too many fools walking around with guns because
of the cool factor. I personally would like it if these drama queens would take
up another cause. Guns aren't media starved currently.

Like my old permit teacher told us,.guys and gals, carry your pistol concealed so as not to start some stupid argument in stores and such, well that's what I do and I'm good with that idea...ain't got nothing to prove,,imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back