Quaker state on line same oil different labels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quaker state home depot on line products motor oil 10w30 Quaker state fully synthetic here are some attached photos one is in a black label the other in a gold label Both describe a fully synthetic and same weight and same brand . is this a typo error or a discontinued product with the black label ?

I think the gold bottle is just old...noticed the green jugs at WM at least a few months ago, if not even earlier. I bought a gold bottle of QSUD 5W30 a while ago and decided not to use it in my FXT (calcium/LSPI concerns), it will eventually find its way into my wife's car.

I guess the gold bottle stuff might not be dexos1 Gen 2?

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
They recently changed the bottle

+1 they have all green bottles and Pennzoil went to all yellow bottles. Now you have to pay close attention to the labels.

Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
They recently changed the bottle

+1 they have all green bottles and Pennzoil went to all yellow bottles. Now you have to pay close attention to the labels.

+2...the gold bottles ended about a year ago...the green bottles aren't necessarily D2G2...you have to look close to check if it meets that spec.
PS: I think SOPUS made a mistake going to all green bottles for QS and all yellow bottles for Pennzoil....but I guess it saved them a few cents....

To my eyes, I find the Quaker state labeling easier to differentiate than pennzoil's.

It also may be due to the fact that pennzoil has so many varieties that the similar labels get hard to differentiate.
PP, PP HM, PP euro, etc. all with similar labels

Excellent oil and used in Ferrari and Maserati stateside for service ( 5w-40 QS HP)

Running the 10w30.. ALMOST protects agains the junk gasoline near me. Yup got ANOTHER tank of maily alcohol and water last week at a EXxon staion. Gas was running golden and snappy the past few weeks then ... garbage! Car would barely run, BIG fuel dilution, and exhaust smelled like a whisky soaked bum.

You thought MTBE oxygenate was meehh, 10% Gasohol is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE when it gets water tainted. Which is VERY OFTEN near me.

Last edited:
I put this 10w-30 (green bottle full synthetic) in my previous Sc300 and it ran the [censored] out of it. The NOACK is in the mid 5s!!
REAL slick formulation, beyond slippery
shocked2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DGXR
The top one says "more fuel economy" and the bottom one says "more power." Because marketing.

Combine them together in your vehicle and you will have a hot rod that gets better fuel economy.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: wemay
Yes, green bottle is newer version.

Since near Christmas time!

I’ll bet not everyone knew that.

The top one says "more fuel economy" and the bottom one says "more power." Because marketing.

I remember QSUD yielding more power than the mighty darling of BITOG, Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra.

Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike

I remember QSUD yielding more power than the mighty darling of BITOG, Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra.

No it doesnt. Stop telling lies

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike

No it doesnt. Stop telling lies

Consumer protection needs to call these people out and fining them for lying to consumers!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I think the gold bottle is just old...noticed the green jugs at WM at least a few months ago, if not even earlier. I bought a gold bottle of QSUD 5W30 a while ago and decided not to use it in my FXT (calcium/LSPI concerns), it will eventually find its way into my wife's car.

I guess the gold bottle stuff might not be dexos1 Gen 2?

I think you have the right information in which I never knew of before however this is what I did find out about it thanks all of you for your help Think all lubricants are the same? From conventional to synthetic blends, you might think it makes little difference what you put inside your vehicle. But it’s time to think again. Oil formulas are constantly evolving to better technology to meet stringent emission requirements and increase engine efficiency. Recently, the new iteration of dexos® technology developed by General Motors (GM) has pushed the gasoline engine market into new territory.

Dexos1™ Gen 1
Five years ago, GM began developing an oil to take better care of engines than even a top-performing standard synthetic oil. Many modern full synthetics, with recommended change intervals of 5,000 and even 7,500 miles, already surpassed conventional oils, but GM saw an opportunity to raise the bar even further.

The result was a new standard for the industry. Although initially developed exclusively for GM vehicles, dexos® oil became embraced by the entire market. The first generation of dexos® provided the following benefits:

Mandated use of high-quality ingredients, which meant they eliminated conventional ingredients entirely. Dexos® oils are formulated exclusively with synthetics or synthetic blends.
Better antioxidant technology that keeps oil from oxidizing. Dexos® oils generally have a drain interval of up to 15,000 miles.
Lower viscosity that holds up to engine combustion and heat better and longer than other oils on the market.

Dexos1™ Gen 2 Taking it to the next level
Dexos1™ Gen 2 has all the benefits listed above, plus improved oxidation and deposit control. In addition, this new generation protects engines against a severely damaging phenomenon known as low speed pre-ignition (LSPI). LSPI affects smaller turbocharged engines that are prone to deposits and pre-ignition problems. Although most vehicles are approved to use Gen 1, the new Gen 2 edition offers more advanced engine protection capabilities not found in Gen 1 oils.

Is the new bottle/label picture just a generic one done on purpose for online sellers to use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back