simple text editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a simple text editor that looks and works like win notepad but has a block edit feature. Back in the day when I worked for a living using Dos 2. something or other, I had a text editor that did that. I don't remember the name, I just know it was very useful. I have searched but anything that comes up usually has too many features and a long learning curve.

TIA

Google docs? I think it would be worth learning. Access all your stuff from any computer on the net, voice typing, even use it on your smart phone.
I use it for car maintenance and oil stash tracking, then I know what I need when I see a sale in the store.
https://www.google.ca/docs/about/

Maybe don't store personal info on it, but I've never heard of it being hacked either?

I'd suggest emacs, but you stated you're not in favour of excessive features and a steep learning curve.
wink.gif

I can't get the hang of complicated text editors like Emacs, either. If you can run Linux, try KWrite from the KDE desktop environment. It's a lightweight text editor like Notepad but it has color-highlighted syntax; makes text editing and HTML coding so easy. I hate KDE, but download it just to have access to KWrite.

HTH!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Another notepad ++ user here

I have it. Works good. Should be all I need. I could have wordpad but I don't like it. It's clumsy, has too many features and it's typical MS programing. Ugg..

Once in a while, I need an editor that is a little more powerful then wordpad, something that lets me manipulate text and graphics.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Good Ole bitog is always there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back