want info on Audi 2.0T & DC transmission in "18 Q5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched the web but had no luck. Does anyone know where I could get info of the engine/transmision. I have seen articles for past engine and transmisions but see nothing on this combo

What do you want to know? AFAIK, it's not all-new, simply a variation of what has already been available in other VW/Audi vehicles.

When I bought my A6 audi put out info in specification new innovations etc. I read vw head and exhaust manifold is cast as one piece, wondering if same engine as vw

Originally Posted By: raaizin
I searched the web but had no luck. Does anyone know where I could get info of the engine/transmision. I have seen articles for past engine and transmisions but see nothing on this combo

EA888 third generation engine. Upgraded for use in Audi with 252hp and 272lb-ft. ZF 8HP transmission.
It is proven engine and probably best automatic transmission on the market used by VW (Audi, Bentley etc), BMW (Mini, Rolls Royce), FCA (Fiat, Dodge, Chrysler etc) and other manufacturers. Every manufacturer has its own programing. Audi is really, really good, but not on par with BMW.
What else would you like to know? There is Euro section for oils if you need info on that.

Originally Posted By: raaizin
When I bought my A6 audi put out info in specification new innovations etc. I read vw head and exhaust manifold is cast as one piece, wondering if same engine as vw

Of course it is. It is EA888 engine, 3rd generation.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Edyvw, my '18 Q5 loaner was a 7 speed DSG, not the ZF 8HP as I assumed it would have.

My Q7 has an Aisin box, not a ZF.

correct 7 speed dsg, it shifted very smootly I was impressed with engine as well. Wife's new car, she's happy which is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back