Painting a car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have something similar from HF. I have used it to paint whole sections of a car. I like it because it doesn't require a huge compressor to work. I just had to refill it a couple of times.

I use it to make custom license plates and cell phone covers. It actually works very well for the money. No matter what you use never forget or disregard fundamental procedures. There are 5 things that always screw up a rattle can job 2 of which are in your control and 3 of which are not. Prep work and local area condition are usually in your control. Maintaining the right pressure, the fact that the paint is premixed in the can, and the finger nozzle is never quite as good as a quality air cap are not completely controllable ...

I've used one of those to paint a bike, it works decently but you need a compressor that can keep up.

But also, keep in mind better automotive paint systems are a little finicky when it comes to their use and you'll have hardeners that will go bad. I think just buying rattlecan primer/clear and mixed paint in a spraycan would be better. SprayMax does make a good 2K primer and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back