MaxLife and MOS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used it before, a slight increase in fuel mileage. But in a boat that sits,( not run every day) i would worry about solid mos2 dropping out of suspension and coating the bottom of your oil pan.

^ ^ I'd pass. Is the boat used every day? If it sits for weeks the MoS2 will fall out of suspension and collect in the bottom of the oil pan. Trav had posted pics a few years back of an engine he added it too and dropped the oil pan. The MoS2 could be seen settled in the oil that didn't drain when he pulled the drain plug. There was quite a bit of it. This car was not driven on a daily basis and sat for long periods of time.

But why is it so bad to have some MoS2 laying in the bottom of the oil pan? I don't think it's the end of the world. Plus, once the engine is ran, some of it will be resuspended.

But honestly, in a boat engine, I'd run a soluble moly product like LubeGard's Biotech. I mix it in with the Maxlife I run in my Honda.

Never used in automotive engines - until you put it in!

Ruined my newish Honda Fit engine - lost oil pressure and spun rod bearing.

Put in generator with NO FILTER and works fine.

This stuff is good for certain lubes like house door hinges and gun slide lube and mild penetrating oil, but not in a filtered car.

Or maybe Hondas cant run near redline and they blow up. 1.5 VTEC is a Terrible engine design anyway. Crazy Long stroke small bore BOOO! in a 1.5! Its just Smogger Clanker motor.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

But how many cars have you claimed to have ruined in the last 20 years? I remember you've had a horrible run of "bad luck" on here.....

Originally Posted By: Phishin

But how many cars have you claimed to have ruined in the last 20 years? I remember you've had a horrible run of "bad luck" on here....

If you take his posts at face value he's personally ruined more engines than the rest of Bitog combined.

And then some.

At one time you claimed that MoS2 plugged the oil filter. Once again, I call "NONSENSE" on this, and your claim that MoS2 was responsible for your Honda engine spinning a bearing.

Never used in automotive engines - until you put it in!

Put in generator with NO FILTER and works fine.

This stuff is good for certain lubes like house door hinges and gun slide lube and mild penetrating oil, but not in a filtered car.

Or maybe Hondas cant run near redline and they blow up. 1.5 VTEC is a Terrible engine design anyway. Crazy Long stroke small bore BOOO! in a 1.5! Its just Smogger Clanker motor.

Sorry ARCO, calling pure [censored] on MoS2 ruining your engine... It is good stuff and has worked very well in Every vehicle I have put it in including MANY Hondas. It is truly one of the additives out there that work and its cheap so that skews many a users from thinking its any good.

It did ruin the engine, or, it was pure coincidence;

I Put in the Liquimoly (purchased at the NAPA in Epping, NH) then the Honda Fit 1.5L engine was knocking 2 days later pulling in to work. And I only added 1/3 bottle, IIRC. It was added to slightly used oil.

I did say it appeared to do no harm In my UNFILTERED Generac CHONDA on lung-er. It ( LiquiMoly) worked well as a penetrating oil when removing my (LP gas) oven broiler ignitor bracket

So please explain why - with all its miraculous virtues - Moly IS NEVER formulated into any API Certified oil in this form?

I say to all within earshot proceed with caution! Using this stuff in my new car wasthe worst ( - albeit ONLY - FANBOY advice I've ever taken on BITOG. I knew in my gut it was wrong - but those Honda engines are indestructible - aren't they?

Guess not.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wag123

At one time you claimed that MoS2 plugged the oil filter. Once again, I call "NONSENSE" on this, and your claim that MoS2 was responsible for your Honda engine spinning a bearing.
I guess we'll NEVER know if it was correlation or causation. I don't have filter test equipment. Car was auctioned off up to some garage down Maine. I do have the VIN to trace repairs if any of you Sherlocks has an unlimited Carfax account.

I'd vote pure coincidence... especially only using 1/3 of a bottle.

And Moly is added to many of the higher quality PCMO's, where you been ARCO, under a rock? Look at some of the UOA/VOA's.

About the moly, Arco said “in this form”, as in colloidal MoS2, in contrast to the oil-soluble MoDTC that is in most modern oils. The chemistry difference between the two forms does matter and he is right that its use in very modern, reputable motor oils is zero.

I used the moly in in my 96 Toyota 4 cyl Tacoma when it was low prices at the NAPA store . I can't say I noticed any difference but it did not hurt a thing. .The moly was used for 4 one year oil changes with M1 oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back