Airbus A319's windshield lost during flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
People were hailing that female southwest pilot who had a dead passenger as some sort of hero with 1 of2 engines. I think cabin crew deserves accolades.

This crew are hero’s under severe conditions, cold , malfunctioning cockpit , real injury and stress landing it a jet liner.

Compromised windscreen on a jet airliner? Really an unbelievably terrifying situation to contemplate, especially for the flight crew.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
People were hailing that female southwest pilot who had a dead passenger as some sort of hero with 1 of2 engines. I think cabin crew deserves accolades.
This crew are hero’s under severe conditions, cold , malfunctioning cockpit , real injury and stress landing it a jet liner.

It's the SW pilot's fault that the engine blew? Was she hot rodding or revving it up too much? Gee, IDK, sounds like a maintenance or manufacturing issue to me but maybe that girlie should have tried to jump out of the cockpit and put her body between the exploding engine and the passengers.

Both crews dealt with emergencies in admirable fashions, sounds like some guy stuck in the '50s has an issue with a lady in a "man's job" doing well and getting credit for it. I'm sure you would have explained to her how to deal with an engine out if you had been on board, what does a measly F/A-18 pilot know about such things?

Shameful post!! Your misogyny and envy is oozing right out of it...

"Fortunately, the pilots of 3U8633 had their seatbelts fastened."

I have never understood why the airline industry, as well as the FAA, do not mandate seat belts on planes to be securely fastened at ALL times while people are seated? There is no good reason not to. In most states if you drive your car without your seat belt fastened you will be ticketed and fined. But in an aircraft cruising at 37,000 ft. at 585 MPH, it's perfectly acceptable to treat passengers as if they're on a pontoon boat. Look at all of the flight attendants who have been injured over the years, just by the aircraft hitting CAT. Unbelted passengers as well.

Keeping your seat belt fastened at all times is one of the most common sense things a person can do in air travel. Especially pilots. Yet these type of injuries continue today, just like they did in the 50's.

Makes me wonder how well these planes are maintained. Are they cutting back on maintenance checks?

Pilots are required to have belts fastened at all times. Additionally, to have shoulder harnesses fastened during takeoff and landing.

And it's "Heroes" not "Hero's".

Last edited:
Is this the same BillT who advocates people breaking every law in other countries ?

wierd...

Look at unrestrained children in airliners. Yet another disaster waiting to happen. And has several times. Kids are allowed to sit on parents laps, rather than pay for a seat. In the United Sioux City, Iowa crash it resulted in several kids dying that otherwise would have lived. (The parents who were strapped in holding them survived). It took one of the flight attendants of that flight, to mount a crusade to eliminate such foolishness to improve things. Even in spite of that effort, the lunacy continues.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...ells/454585001/

A lot of safety improvements in air travel come about by, "Tombstone Technology". But something that lacks this much common sense should not be one of them. Again, back to automobiles. Get caught with a toddler riding unrestrained, instead of in a proper fitting car seat, and see what happens.

Heroes? They are pros "These pilots are in the big league" trained to do their jobs and they did their job.

I stopped seeing USAToday as a reliable news source awhile back, when they repeated the same 3 paragraphs in a story for filler...that also speaks volumes as to their opinion of their average readership.

Edit: I always see OP's username as "billett460" as in a built V8, LOL

Last edited:
You won't catch me with out a 4 point harness...

What would you do if your window blew??? I'd don my oxygen mask because whew, I just sheet me drawers...
all in all I'd feel lucky the window blew clear instead of the window caving in from a out side foreign object...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back