Smart DVD players that support downloaded apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 10 y.o. Samsung blu ray does not support several newer apps, including the Spectrum app I need for streaming video. However, it could download and use many other apps. The newer smart dvd's only appear to support pre-loaded apps or a limited range of apps.

Does anyone know of a smart dvd that supports spectrum app? I realize I could buy a roku for my 12 y.o. tv or a newert smart tv, but I would like to a) avoid additional remotes, etc and b) avoid buying a new tv.
Thx

DvD's are going the way of the music CD, a dying format.

Oppo just recently announced they will no longer make Disc players.

So it's a rapidly shrinking market. Get a Roku, and a Logitech programmable remote to run all your stuff.

I get that the format is not what it used to be but I still like watching certain movies on DVD...mostly Blu-ray. I've had cause to buy 4 Blu-ray players in the last 2 years...for both homes we have.
I bought two recently on eVay...both refurbs. They are compact these days. Got an LG which is great, a Samsung "curved" model and I bought a refurb Panasonic about 2 years ago. The only new one I bought was a Sony...a complete POS and the reason I just bought the Samsung. All are the hardwired app connection not wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back