How to Remove this Wheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of always having flats on my pressure washer. I want to take the tires in to check them and/or seal the sidewall rubber and metal wheel ring with that black sticky stuff.

How in the world do I get this cap off so I can remove the wheel? I should have made a video of my 15 minutes of dancing and gyrating with the wheel in my garage. It was awesome. Please don't say,
"Just remove the cap."

Probably one of the results from my frustration in trying to remove that [censored] cap.
eek.gif

Tubeless

Last edited:
The Center cap is pressed on. You can usually get it off with a large vice grip. There are no marks on that cap, you must not be trying very hard
smile.gif

Actually leaving the wheel on the tiller would make the tire easier to remove. I just put a tube in one of my hand truck tires the same size.

Just go to harbor freight and buy a new tube for less than $5. Use spoons to remove one bead then insert the tube. The weight of the machine will help you wrestle it.

I have found you usually have to break them to get them off, and then they won't hold the wheel on anymore. They weren't made to be serviceable.

Ez mode. remove valve stem core.

Put in tire sealing goo.

replace core.. air up.

look stupid walking up and down the driveway with it for a few mins.

repeat the walking around after 20min or so.

wont leak again.

or Try vice grips to remove it. I used a small pry bar and vice grips on mine. Some are more stuck than others.

I wouldn't use plyers or vice grips and mess up the cap. Use two sturdy flat blade screw-drivers and put them 180 degrees apart and lever the cap off. A rubber hammer to reinstall.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I wouldn't use plyers or vice grips and mess up the cap. Use two sturdy flat blade screw-drivers and put them 180 degrees apart and lever the cap off. A rubber hammer to reinstall.

Its recessed its hard get large flat blades on it.

mini prybars work.

The cap has teeth. It just pulls off but usually ruins it. Why don't you leave it on,pull the stem,pry the tire off, tube it and pry it back on. That's how they do semi trucks on the road if they must replace an outer tire. Don't even take the wheel off.

Originally Posted By: DerbyDave
Remove the valve and stuff and tube in there. Problem solved.

If you would read instead of looking at pics, he wants to remove the grease cap.

IF...the axle shaft will slide freely through the frame of the unit...drill a small hole in the cap the size of your smallest round punch. Use the punch to drive the axle shaft out of the wheel and the cap will come off and likely be able to be re used. It only works though if the axle shaft slides freely.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Originally Posted By: DerbyDave
Remove the valve and stuff and tube in there. Problem solved.

If you would read instead of looking at pics, he wants to remove the grease cap.

No. If you would read he wants to stop adding air in the tire repeatedly.

Maybe it’s not a reading problem, just comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back