What is this and Where do I get One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is on my pressure washer and I'm tired of having to beat it to close it and beat it to open it. It's the connector where the pressure hose plugs into. I've lubed it with many thing but it just keeps sticking. Is this something I can buy generically or what? What is it called?

Amazon has a nice selection of all kinds of compatible fittings.

The swivel end is great for cleaning gutters!

I love you, Trav!
blush.gif

Thank you, GravelRoad and Linctex.

This is funny. I just bought 3/8 to M22 quick disconnect adapters at Lowes yesterday for my pressure washer. These quick disconnects are very common on pressure washers. You can search for "quick disconnect" at Lowes or HD to find these.

Make sure you get quick disconnects that can handle the PSI your pressure washer operates at. Usually they can handle up to the 5000PSI range but make sure since yours looks to max out at 3000?

May want to also clean up that male end, looking a little rusty.

Got the same washer as you, really good unit, has never failed me. Mine is red and I think I bought it in 98. When I have problems with the disconnect I put a little grease on it. If I forget to let off the pressure, it won't release. Mine has been abused and I use it a lot, don't think I've changed the oil in the motor more than a couple of times. Just changed the oil in the pump this year. I take very good care of my autos, mower, quad, etc, but for some reason I overlook my washer.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
Is this the 3/8?

Yes that is 3/8 NPT, this is a nice one. I like stainless around water, HD and Lowes has sure dropped the quality of their products.
If I didn't order online I would go to a real hardware store with brand name stuff, pay a little more but higher quality.
Use yellow gas pipe thread tape on these. Change both parts.

Stainless 3/8 Quick Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back