2018 Demon - some pics (and yes, it is filthy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
My dealer just got this in for a customer the other day. It's fresh off the truck and hasn't been washed yet but the owner tossed me the keys and told me to take a look at it. I didn't want to pop the hood (it's sold) so sorry, no engine shots.

Looks like a flare-sided Challenger basically with really sticky tires and a fibre hood.

Nice. How much over MSRP are those going for in Canada...I heard prices are crazy. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Nice. How much over MSRP are those going for in Canada...I heard prices are crazy. Thanks for sharing.

This guy is a friend of the owner, like myself, buys a ton of cars, so I doubt he paid too much more than dealer cost for it. This is the first one they've sold, so I don't know what's "typical" for them yet, but I can update you once they've sold a few more.

That thing is schweet but it appears to be missing the mandatory third pedal.

Is that orange thing on the passenger seat and extra lip or splitter or something?

EDIT: Cheater Slicks!
19.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: maxdustington
That thing is schweet but it appears to be missing the mandatory third pedal.

Is that orange thing on the passenger seat and extra lip or splitter or something?

EDIT: Cheater Slicks!
19.gif

I have no idea what that thing is, maybe an extra air dam? I think this is the only way this car can be configured IIRC, with the 8spd.

And yeah, it comes with the closest thing to street legal slicks on it.

Are those OEM Toyo/Nitto "street-legal" drag slicks I see?

I was under the impression FCA was using Pirelli P Zeros as the OEM tire for the Hemi Charger/Challengers.

Originally Posted By: nthach
Are those OEM Toyo/Nitto "street-legal" drag slicks I see?

I was under the impression FCA was using Pirelli P Zeros as the OEM tire for the Hemi Charger/Challengers.

The Demon gets specific tires due to its "drag race" persona
wink.gif

Sheesh, no offense to anyone, but if I were FCAs marketing manager, the whole Demon team would be getting fired!

Yes, they are Nitto’s, same tire front and rear. (Skinnies come in the goodie box)
Yes, you can only get it with the auto, which also has a built-in transbrake.
Yes, Race Mode unleashes the full 840HP.
Yes, passenger and rear seating were optional, at $1 each.
Yes, I can’t believe I actually know details about an FCA product that I would never buy.

Watch some internets videos, people!
smile.gif

And just for the record, I do give kudos to whoever at FCA had the sak to put this into production!

I’d like a twin-turbo Chevy SS with some of these goodies, but the automotive gods definitely put the kibosh on Holden. Bastids!!

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
And just for the record, I do give kudos to whoever at FCA had the sak to put this into production!

I’d like a twin-turbo Chevy SS with some of these goodies, but the automotive gods definitely put the kibosh on Holden. Bastids!!

The Hellkitty powertrain and its evolutionary sibling in the Demon are definitely a pretty unique offering. I'm still entertaining the idea of a Trackhawk Grand Cherokee, particularly now considering my dealer is getting better mileage with his than I am with my 6.4L (one of my big concerns was fuel consumption since it lacks MDS). We'll see what the summer brings.

Unfortunately when I hear Dodge Demon I think of the Dart. The engine dying in left hand turns was the epitome of the 70’s.

I rented a car this past week and Enterprise put me in a 2018 Challenger (base V6 model of course).

Aside from the terrible blind spot visibility, these are fun cars, and I can only imagine how much more fun they are with a massive V8 and wide tires.

The infotainment and center dash display are really cool and this is the first car I've seen that comes with a transmission temperature gauge.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo

The Hellkitty powertrain and its evolutionary sibling in the Demon are definitely a pretty unique offering. I'm still entertaining the idea of a Trackhawk Grand Cherokee, particularly now considering my dealer is getting better mileage with his than I am with my 6.4L (one of my big concerns was fuel consumption since it lacks MDS). We'll see what the summer brings.

You will buy one dont tease me
smile.gif

And the Winnipeg Jets will win Stanley Cup to boot
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I rented a car this past week and Enterprise put me in a 2018 Challenger (base V6 model of course).

Aside from the terrible blind spot visibility, these are fun cars, and I can only imagine how much more fun they are with a massive V8 and wide tires.

The infotainment and center dash display are really cool and this is the first car I've seen that comes with a transmission temperature gauge.

Yeah, UConnect is a surprisingly impressive system, I have been extremely happy with it.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
"Yes, Race Mode unleashes the full 840HP."

I though the Demon put out over 1000 HP?

Nope, 840HP. By far the highest of any production vehicle AFAIK. There are Hennessy, Saleen, Roush and other pre-consumer treatment offerings available that have bested it (The GT1000 for example) but as far as straight from the factory with warranty, I believe the Demon is the current champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back