Continental to roll out with updated Contact tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tirereview.com/continental-introduces-2-new-tires-at-dealer-meeting/

TrueContact Tour will look the same with updated Construction for better wear

PureContact LS new tread design and updated construction

Continental-Pure-Contact-LS.png

Hopefully much better wear than the Control Contact tire. Have had those on my Quest for almost 2 years now. Supposed to be a *90,000* tire, but are worn out at 30,000. I'm just hitting the tread bar now. Regular rotations, good inflation, and 100% even wear across the 4 tires. They rode great, nice and quiet, but should have lasted a lot longer. Disappointed.

I found this the most interesting. We pay for these "incentives".

" ...
Continental introduced its two new tires – the TrueContact Tour and the all-new PureContact LS – at its 2018 GOLD Dealer Program meeting and reward trip April 9-13 at the Paradisus Playa Del Carmen resort in Mexico, 40 miles south of Cancun. The company also shared updates to dealer incentives and its marketing plans at the meeting.
..."

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
I found this the most interesting. We pay for these "incentives".

" ...
Continental introduced its two new tires – the TrueContact Tour and the all-new PureContact LS – at its 2018 GOLD Dealer Program meeting and reward trip April 9-13 at the Paradisus Playa Del Carmen resort in Mexico, 40 miles south of Cancun. The company also shared updates to dealer incentives and its marketing plans at the meeting.
..."

As with anything you buy. Marketing is part of their cost of doing business. And a "premium" tire company is not going to hold their dealer press launch in Ethiopia...

I replaced my Premier A/S's with PureContact LS's last Friday. So far I am pleased. They are a tad quieter, and the impact harshness seems significantly less than the Premiers.

Haven't pushed them yet from a handling standpoint, but I'm rarely beyond 4/10th's anyway.

Looking forward to seeing how they hold up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back