$100 Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I need one for on the road use.
My high end cameras I want to leave home and the phone is too clumsy and slow as I don't use it often.

Looking for a max of $100- good performer with a moderate zoom
I have many and some are starting to get funky. So I need a new one.
any ideas?
Thanks!

Have a Samsung small camera with zoom, I slip it in my pocket and carry it for car show pictures. It's small handy and quick and does video very well.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Double that business on the AA batteries those proprietary batteries such and have way less power reserve.

I agree.
I'm in the market for a simple camera.

The problem: The cover that holds the batteries in place have a tendency of
breaking the tabs that hold it closed.
The reason: The contact points are in the cover and it has to be under some tension.
The solution: ? ? ?

I'd like to get a replacement camera before my current camera looses its batteries.
One tab is already broken.

Last edited:
My nikon DSLR has a "backup tab" that holds its lithium ion battery in, if the battery door gets lost. The lithium battery's contacts are all internal to the camera as well, so the battery door is electrically unimportant.

Might be worth checking if they have a similar feature on P&S models.

Nikon Coolpix.

OUTSTANDING camera, easy to use, reliable....
still works after dropping on the concrete from 20 feet up!!
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: MasterSolenoid
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Double that business on the AA batteries those proprietary batteries such and have way less power reserve.

I agree.
I'm in the market for a simple camera.

The problem: The cover that holds the batteries in place have a tendency of
breaking the tabs that hold it closed.
The reason: The contact points are in the cover and it has to be under some tension.
The solution: ? ? ?

Would depend on the specific shape of the camera, but "universal" solutions to this kind of thing are, of course, duct tape, rubber bands (perhaps "industrial strength" ones cut from bike/car/truck inner tube) and cable ties. Perhaps carve a spacer block from foam or rubber to put direct pressure on the cover.

If you can get a case that allows camera operation it could perhaps substitute for the lashings.

I bought my wife a Canon Powershot ELPH 180 a while back when she went to New Zealand to visit our daughter. It was just over $100 and it took decent photos. Nice and small, 8x zoom, and replacement batteries from Amazon were cheap.

Last edited:
I use Olympus cameras and they serve me well. When my mom wanted one, I went to Target and they sold me a discontinued model at an amazing price, then they added an SD card for free.

try Craigslist, tons of older cameras at cheap $$. older ones use AA batteries,
old ones use replaceable batteries, newer ones are built-in and require charging
every so often.

buy a bunch and leave in the car, rotate out to charge batteries. SD cards are now cheap.

I prefer these to camera phones - one switch and its on. phones need to punch in password, tap
the camera to fire up camera app, tap again to take pix IFF you can do it with one hand.

some phones need to hands, four fingers and your knees holding the steering wheel steady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back