Chevrolet Camaro: no manual Option for Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the first release, 6 to 12 months from now they will release a special HSV version with more power, bigger brakes, lower profile tyres and a manual option.

Have seen a few more Camaros around the last 6 months than usual.

Pretty stupid, car that was initially designed here will be imported and converted to RHD.

But the Mustang/Camaro will never replace the sales of the XR-6/8, or the SS Commodore ranges, as Oz buyers aren't after big hipped coupes...Bet the Kia Stinger outsells the Mustang and Camaro combined.

BTW, here's "my" Camaro back in 2010..having not long traversed the Golden Gate Bridge in the mid/late afternoon, having driven LHD for all of an hour.

Originally Posted By: Olas
It's not hard to change a gearbox and fit a pedalbox

Unfortunately this isn't the 90s any more there are electrical wiring changes, ECU/BCM programming..etc

Originally Posted By: Olas
It's not hard to change a gearbox and fit a pedalbox

You sir are living in the 90s

There is sooo much more to converting to manual now.. as well as totally annihilating your warranty.

In my business whenever anyone tells me "that is easy to do, why don't you take care of it", the job is anything but easy.

Reminds me of the mid 2000s when they brought the Dodge Charger back and it had no manual. All the old dudes who got them thought they were the coolest dudes on the planet for driving a modified Chrysler 300.

I am sure it will have a manual eventually, if there is enough demand.

Originally Posted By: SR5
That's the first release, 6 to 12 months from now they will release a special HSV version with more power, bigger brakes, lower profile tyres and a manual option.

Thanks for the added info. Glad it will still be offered.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Have seen a few more Camaros around the last 6 months than usual.

Pretty stupid, car that was initially designed here will be imported and converted to RHD.

But the Mustang/Camaro will never replace the sales of the XR-6/8, or the SS Commodore ranges, as Oz buyers aren't after big hipped coupes...Bet the Kia Stinger outsells the Mustang and Camaro combined.

BTW, here's "my" Camaro back in 2010..having not long traversed the Golden Gate Bridge in the mid/late afternoon, having driven LHD for all of an hour.

I cherish my pics like this one, with beloved cars.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Oz buyers aren't after big hipped coupes...Bet the Kia Stinger outsells the Mustang and Camaro combined.

A corvette caught my eye, was surprised at the width. But if you look, big hipped is an understatement.

I guess you don't get max performance without it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back