Blue porch lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on my local news. Residents are using blue bulbs in their porch lights to show their support for LEO’s. Any BITOGERS heard of this?

Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist

Red is fire department

Or the "red light district".
laugh.gif

Blue is LEO

Green in military

Red is fire department

At least that's how it is around here.
. I thought red meant “ a whole nother thang”!

It was a big thing here in central Iowa last year when 2 police officers were brutally gunned down unprovoked. It was to show the LEOs the communities were behind them and a tribute to the slain officers. It was replacing the normal outside light on at night with a blue bulb for a month. Most streets around here have street lights and people usually only use that outside light when expecting company.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Red is fire department

Or the "red light district".
laugh.gif

Been there, not much to see, it was pretty disappointing!
grin.gif

It was in my local news due to two cops being murdered on duty in Westerville, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus.
I will add my thoughts which you may or may not like.
I'm burned out over the soldier and first responder glory in the news. I respect members of our military,
LEO's, firemen and paramedics, but I don't look up to them like they are better than anyone else who works hard
to provide for their family.

They still do that around here. But its not a good idea.. it barely gives off any usable light at night... and most side streets dont have streetlights.(maybe just at the corner)

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
It was in my local news due to two cops being murdered on duty in Westerville, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus.
I will add my thoughts which you may or may not like.
I'm burned out over the soldier and first responder glory in the news. I respect members of our military,
LEO's, firemen and paramedics, but I don't look up to them like they are better than anyone else who works hard
to provide for their family.

Add to this the much overused term of Hero. Of course we can thank the media for all this nonsense.

I drive by a house once in a while that has a blue light out front, didn't know what it meant until now.
I always think there is a cruiser in front of the place for half a second before I notice the light isn't flashing.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
What the [censored] is a "LEO"?

Law Enforcement Officer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back