Lucas gun oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in O'Reilly Auto Parts the other day and saw a display with Lucas gun oil in a needle oiler bottle . Anybody tried this stuff ?

They just rebottle auto lubes and then mark up the price 15 fold. Avoid!

The red lube is transmission fluid. The gun grease is identical to their marine grease.

Clowns.

We had a discussion (argument) about this before.

Lucas has been ripping off truckers for decades with second rate/overpriced products. Doubt that the leopard rarely changes its spots.

Originally Posted By: Danomite
I was in O'Reilly Auto Parts the other day and saw a display with Lucas gun oil in a needle oiler bottle . Anybody tried this stuff ?

I have both the red and blue bottles, but use oil sparingly on pistol trigger parts that move - the inner barrel and around barrel lug. Mostly use Superlube grease for lubing pistol slide areas.
My rifles see either Hoppes Eilte or Slip 2000 EWL.

I might give it a try if I ever run out of my Hoppes #9 oil, but I have 3 2 oz bottles it, which at the rate I use it will probably last me for 3 decades.

Sometimes sorry I'm Chevy driven!
smile.gif

Actually , it's green .

Lucas Gun oil was clear. Then they changed it to red. Without any packaging change or explanation?

Lucas Extreme Duty Gun oil is green/blue. Has a chemical smell similar to gear oil. Its thicker viscosity than the regular gun lube. Of course it lubricates just as any other petroleum based lubes do.

41hYaa5yIUL.jpg

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Lucas Extreme Duty Gun oil is green/blue. Has a chemical smell similar to gear oil. Its thicker viscosity than the regular gun lube. Of course it lubricates just as any other petroleum based lubes do.

As Molla explained...it is sae30oil...with ZDDP...and its slightly tacky...all that you need
01.gif
thumbsup2.gif
And its cheap and available
smile.gif

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4707517/all/Bar_oil_VOA?

Stihl has also semisythetic bar oil...

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Actually , it's green .

Lucas Gun oil was clear. Then they changed it to red. Without any packaging change or explanation?

41hYaa5yIUL.jpg

Lucas Gun Oil comes in every color of the rainbow. It just depends on what barrel they drain the bottom of that day. You could be getting anything from transmission oil, to hypoid gear lube.

Bottom line is that a little will last a long, long time. Forgot I also have a few small .5 oz of Break Free from my military days. For my shotguns and pistols I only use Hoppe's. Lucas gun oil might be ok as well, I dont know, but I figure my Hoppe's will last me well into my 90's at my current rate , unless I buy even more guns, but my wife might frown on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back