My New Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY, this past Friday I received my NEW permanent prosthetic leg. It has been since November 22nd, 2017 that I have been without a new leg.
In November, my limb formed a Hematoma. It had swollen up so bad that when I removed my prosthetic leg to check it, it was seeping fluid. I barely pressed on it and, well..........
Anyway, I had to go to the hospital that night. I was in there for about 12 days before I was able to use one of my older, spare legs just to ambulate.
Long story short, I tried a new company because my original company I went with fired their on site fabricator and they were shipping everything to Dallas, TX. now. The new company wound up being ambulance chasers and 2.5 months of therapy and leg fittings went up in smoke.
I then tried another company. They too were similar to the last company, but were only interested in the bottom line. Another 1.5 months down the drain.
My original leg fabricators' home office (Shreveport, La.) hired an Afghanistan double amputee former ARMY soldier. He had been in training (apprenticeship program) for 1.5 years. They called me and said that my local office had a new fabricator on site.
FF, 2 months gone by, I now have my new leg! It fits so good that I just want to start walking and skip therapy. Well, it needs to be tweaked, but that's what therapy is for. I have 4 weeks of therapy ahead and I should be good as new (I HOPE!).
To be continued.................

Glad to hear it....

Originally Posted By: car51
Great news Blue:)

Hop it continues well

That's a mean pun....
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: JLTD
Glad to hear it....

Hop it continues well

That's a mean pun....
whistle.gif

Yeah, car51 means well. He PM'ed me and told me how to measure out an oil filter pleat. But, he stated in my case, it might come up a "FOOT" short!
lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif
43.gif
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
FINALLY, this past Friday I received my NEW permanent prosthetic leg. It has been since November 22nd, 2017 that I have been without a new leg.
In November, my limb formed a Hematoma. It had swollen up so bad that when I removed my prosthetic leg to check it, it was seeping fluid. I barely pressed on it and, well..........
Anyway, I had to go to the hospital that night. I was in there for about 12 days before I was able to use one of my older, spare legs just to ambulate.
Long story short, I tried a new company because my original company I went with fired their on site fabricator and they were shipping everything to Dallas, TX. now. The new company wound up being ambulance chasers and 2.5 months of therapy and leg fittings went up in smoke.
I then tried another company. They too were similar to the last company, but were only interested in the bottom line. Another 1.5 months down the drain.
My original leg fabricators' home office (Shreveport, La.) hired an Afghanistan double amputee former ARMY soldier. He had been in training (apprenticeship program) for 1.5 years. They called me and said that my local office had a new fabricator on site.
FF, 2 months gone by, I now have my new leg! It fits so good that I just want to start walking and skip therapy. Well, it needs to be tweaked, but that's what therapy is for. I have 4 weeks of therapy ahead and I should be good as new (I HOPE!).
To be continued.................
u must have tons of patience when all that happened.. wish u the best outcome...

This explains your weak arguments the past 5 months. You literally did not have "a leg to stand on".
21.gif

Excuse my dry humor. My wife and I experience similar hurdles with her debilitating head-on car crash injuries of 10 years ago. Often one has to just resort to laughing about the situation to stay sane.

I wish you the best with your new leg. Just in time to enjoy the spring weather.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: JLTD
Glad to hear it....

Hop it continues to go well for you

That's a mean pun....
whistle.gif

Yeah, car51 means well. He PM'ed me and told me how to measure out an oil filter pleat. But, he stated in my case, it might come up a "FOOT" short!
lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif
43.gif
spankme2.gif

Yeah Blue i cant help that people mess with me on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome and im glad it worked out in the end but sorry you had to go through that much wasted time.

Awesome and im glad it worked out in the end but sorry you had to go through that much wasted time.

Sorry the world of medical equipment companies are so terrible. Seems like they forget a human is on the other end who needs to be made whole. Hope you win some future azs kicking contests!
cheers3.gif

They do a great job making those now. I saw a UPS man pushing a large package along a sidewalk not to long ago. Didn't think much of it until it registered that the guy had a prosthetic leg. Good for him. I'm glad they hire the double amputee at the company you use. Who would know better what improvements are needed?

Hey everyone, thanks for the support.
I didn't make this thread to receive pity, sorrow, attention, or anything similar to the aforementioned. I can still be facetious because each day is hard enough being serious.
I want to apologize for my behavior on here the last 6 months. I tried my hardest each day to maintain my composure. Sometimes I would come on here and just be so smug, then turn around and be a total jerk. Again, I apologize. Man, I had been carrying this burden on my shoulders since November. I woke up each morning not knowing whom I was going to PO on this site, or any of my other sites. Right now, because of my sadistic behavior here, I'm on thin ice. Why? Because for the last 6 months I have been feeling sorry for myself and NOT giving a (BLOCKED WATERWAY!) Well, FINALLY, I can now pick myself up and move on.Tomorrow is my 1st day of therapy and my first steps to getting back to work! 7 years! 7 years of doing NOTHING! 7 years of going to Drs. 3, 4 , sometimes 5 days a week. Driving 340 miles round trip 2 days a week. Waiting in Drs. offices' sometimes for only 5 minutes before being called back, or 5 hours! YES, I said 5 HOURS! Having to use a walker and a cane EVERY day. You tell me, would that test your patience and how you treat others? Well, it did me! That, and having to deal with my military past. They say God does EVERYTHING for a reason. Well, if you don't believe that, then you need to get back into church and find out WHY!
I want to esp. apologize to the owner and the Mods here at BITOG for my behavior unbecoming towards you and your rules. My new life begins tomorrow and I want to put all of my inappropriate behavior behind me.
Again, thanks for all of your support!
smile.gif

Mr. Wilson, can you please lock this now? Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back