Anyone using Motul 7100 4t?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
Claims and seems to be: NO THANKS

Manufactures will usually not tell you what group oil is used.

Their 5100 4t is an ester blend.

Last edited:
I've used it before and it didn't impress me all that much considering how much it cost. Shift quality started going downhill after about 2K miles - some dino oils hold out longer than that.

Not interested in using it again. YMMV.

Too hard to find.

My choices for the Guzzi are limited while I stay warranty friendly by use of the recommended 10W60 grade.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Motul 300V 4T, performs noticeably better, IME.

Isn't that the racing oil? Would it be bad for motorcycles with cats?

I am using the 10w30 flavour in my cbr for 14.000km now,I have also tried a used (for 6000kms) sample in my ninja for 1000+ kms. Very smooth engine and transmission operation in both of them. Never tried anything other than motul in both bikes except from the factory fill and an oci of honda motorcycle oil for a 5000 km oci on the honda though

$22/liter
crazy2.gif

https://fortnine.ca/en/motul-7100-ester-4t-synthetic-oil

Originally Posted By: ZZman

AFAIK, Motul makes no claims about it being safe for cat equipped bikes. My bikes that I have used it in don't have cats.

AFAIK, Motul makes no claims about it being safe for cat equipped bikes. My bikes that I have used it in don't have cats.

And if you don't burn a lot of oil it makes no difference how much ZDDP the oil has. It only hurts the cat if you use a lot of oil and even then it just shorten's the life of the cat, it doesen't kill it over night. I've used high ZDDP oils in all my bikes(cat or no cat) and my S2000, both my Goldwing and S2000 have over 100k miles and the cats are working just fine because neither use much if any oil.

ROD

Originally Posted By: rrounds

And if you don't burn a lot of oil it makes no difference how much ZDDP the oil has. It only hurts the cat if you use a lot of oil and even then it just shorten's the life of the cat, it doesen't kill it over night. I've used high ZDDP oils in all my bikes(cat or no cat) and my S2000, both my Goldwing and S2000 have over 100k miles and the cats are working just fine because neither use much if any oil.

ROD

That too.

Motul 7100 sheared down a grade in less than 2,000 miles in my VFR800. Red Line 4T maybe had a little better shift feel, but I won't buy it again. Racers get an extra 1/2 horsepower or whatever from it, but I can see no reason to use the expensive ester stuff myself.

7100 is a full synthetic oil.

Much cheaper than the 300. I used it in my yamaha xt660 did not detect any difference.

My favorites are Mobil synth and elf moto4XT tech (which sadly no longer available)

I ran mob 4T 15~50 in my vfr and was very happy with it. We don't get the 10/40 version over here.

I put motul 300v in my cbr-rr. Happy with the performance but will try a higher viscocity at the next change.

You can use the 300v for road only use (I have)

I tried 7100, and 5100. I didn't care for either. My two favorites based on shift quality, and lack of engine noise are Castrol Actevo (blend), and Quicksilver (synthetic) both in 10W40 for my 2016 650 Versys LT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back