Tonneau repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clips which hold my trifecta tonneau seem to have torn out of the stitching and now chronically flip up and rattle against the back glass. Removal of the frame to allow for sewing requires destruction of the vinyl so that’s a no go. Any thoughts on a repair? Glue of various types might hold up for a while but would fail the first time I folded the cover up...

Is there a warranty? Been too long since I had one, and maybe you're way outside of warranty period, but I'd look into it.

Velcro, somehow? Like put a piece under the latch where it is in the second photo. Few stitches down, Gorilla glue on the other side.

Alternatively: what's the cost to replace altogether? Worst case, try a few fixes, and if nothing works, flip it on CL and start over.

I put some silicone under the plastic part then drill two holes throught it and the top for a pair of #10Screws and chrome acorn nuts on the top. Fixed it and gave some bling at the same time.

Hmmm. Velcro might work. Way outside of warranty. I just want to buy a few more years before replacing

Hey thanks for the Velcro idea! I found some “outdoor” self adhesive Velcro and it is working very well- perfectly actually. Supposed to have an adequate temp range and is uv resistant so I guess well see how long it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back