Remember today is Mother's day..

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right guys... Remember today is Mother's day. So do what you feel good about doing today for you mom. It can be simple. A lot of times that is all she needs. I am very, very grateful that my mom is who she is and how she has helped me along the way. She sometimes doesn't realize it but she's done far more good and right versus bad and wrong... I hope and pray that she can see and feel that way herself.

And for my friends on here who have lost your mothers... My heart goes out to you. Today is not an easy day at all for you. I know a high number of older ladies that I take care of have passed on in the last 5 months. I think of their sons and daughters today. It is their first Mother's day with their mom gone. That is tough. Can be real tough. Only thing I can think of to say... Is think of all the good times and memories with your mother.

And I have to say I thank you guys for being on here. I enjoy learning from many of you all on here. You guys help me more than you really know. Even when I'm being a bit too cantankerous in my typing stuff on here... You guys help me see things from another point of view. And help me realize I need to think outside of my own box. That I have a lot more to learn still about all kinds of things and circumstances. And that I am really grateful for that.

I hope you guys have a good day today. And remember it is a good day to call your mom or go see her if possible.

Last edited:
My mother wouldn't allow Mother's Day to exist...my wife's mother want's everyone to fuss over it. My kids take after me on this one.

Yeah man I'm sure of that... Just take good care of yourself today. And everyday. I'm very glad you are on here.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah man I'm sure of that... Just take good care of yourself today. And everyday. I'm very glad you are on here.

Thanks. All I can say is don't ever take them for granted.

Silk said, "My mother wouldn't allow Mother's Day to exist...my wife's mother want's everyone to fuss over it. My kids take after me on this one."

And how is that?

My mother passed away many years ago, but this will be a good day as we host three generations of mothers - my wife, her mother, and our daughter-in-law.

My mom always thought mothers day was dumb. Lol she passed away 5 years ago. Looking back I can't believe it's been that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my Mother and Dad have passed . Both were from the Greatest Generation . Miss them .

Trying my best to take care of my wife as we both get a little greyer , each year .

Mom died 34 years ago...our family would have gone down the tubes when I was little and my dad sort of gave up if she had not fought like a Spartan to keep us afloat.
She taught me to forge ahead even when I thought there was little hope and that I didn't have it in me to press on.

Worth a look; this sums it up.

My situation is covered in the OP's paragraph #2; I appreciate the acknowledgment of it as a situation of particular difficulty.

Every day should be mother's day

Last edited:
Just a holiday created for greed. If one needs a calendar marked day to do something nice, call, or take mom out to eat, then you really don't care for mom anyway. Should be doing this stuff without a calendar marked day is my point.

Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
Just a holiday created for greed. If one needs a calendar marked day to do something nice, call, or take mom out to eat, then you really don't care for mom anyway. Should be doing this stuff without a calendar marked day is my point.

Absolutely. My late Mother told my sisters and me pretty much what you just said.

Roger.

My Mom passed away 25 yrs ago, always take her flowers and talk to her at her grave, Love you Mom.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back