Purolator now in Tractor Supply stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of boredom I went and did a search on filters on TSC's website and they now list Purolator as their new supplier of filters. Guess this explains why they clearanced all the FRAM filters not long ago. Anyone else have more info on this? I haven't seen any new posts on it here but figured people would like to know. I won't use their filters but I know many here do.

Good. Never run anything else on my vehicle, certainly not a FRAM. The only brand of filter i have seen literally kill an engine, more than once. Say what you want, ive seen pure1s and Motorcraft after 10-15k in perfectly acceptable condition, and removed pieces of element and adbv valve from several 4.6 and 5.4 3V engines at 5-9k, including an ultra synthetic from a 2008 mustang gt. Lodged in the oil passage where it Ts for the chain tensioner, or cam phasers, taking out oiling to the top end and cmsending aluminum thru the rest of the engine. Also every 2nd or 3rd FRAM i touch has a failed adbv. One qc hiccup that mann/hummel has dealt with vs years of garbage? Its a no brainer...

Purolators have way more design and QC problems than any filter I've seen talked about around here for the last 8+ years.

kmj1992

Another Fram hater like Metal Slug. You really saying every second or third Fram you touch has a bad anti-drainback valve? You've seen Frams kill engines? You have to fight back... Now you go to Walmart and you go over to that filter isle and you pick up that OCOD filter (check inside to make sure the filter has not been used/switched) and you pay for that filter and you go put it on your vehicle. And then you drive that car with that Fram filter on it. Those Fram filters are like women - show them any fear and they will walk all over you. Don't you dare give the OCOD the upper hand.

Originally Posted By: KMJ1992
Good. Never run anything else on my vehicle, certainly not a FRAM. The only brand of filter i have seen literally kill an engine, more than once. Say what you want, ive seen pure1s and Motorcraft after 10-15k in perfectly acceptable condition, and removed pieces of element and adbv valve from several 4.6 and 5.4 3V engines at 5-9k, including an ultra synthetic from a 2008 mustang gt. Lodged in the oil passage where it Ts for the chain tensioner, or cam phasers, taking out oiling to the top end and cmsending aluminum thru the rest of the engine. Also every 2nd or 3rd FRAM i touch has a failed adbv. One qc hiccup that mann/hummel has dealt with vs years of garbage? Its a no brainer...

You are such a story teller. Take your fairy tales elsewhere and go away

Can we have a minimum iq as a requirement to signing up on this site? The Tearolator shills are getting worse by the month.

Nobody believes your made up stories.

'IMO' and observation, this thread starter having it's desired effect.
35.gif

UH OH!
35.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Purolators have way more design and QC problems than any filter I've seen talked about around here for the last 8+ years.

And, yet, they STILL seem to be a good oil filters that sell. I will continue to buy the MC FL-400S made by Purolator. That's the ONLY oil filter that was on my trucks engine about 99% of its first 11 years.
smile.gif

All MC filters made after Jan 2017 pass USCAR-36 specs too, don't see that advertised for others. I always used FL400s on two fords. Hard to beat the value and quality.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

And, yet, they STILL seem to be a good oil filters that sell.

That's because 99.9% of people never hear about Tearolators. And why do you think Purolator continually delete comments about torn filters on their Facebook, etc.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
All MC filters made after Jan 2017 pass USCAR-36 specs too, don't see that advertised for others. I always used FL400s on two fords. Hard to beat the value and quality.

Last time I was Walmart I looked at 15~20 Motorcraft filter boxes and did not see any reference to USCAR-36. All the filters inside the boxes had Jan or Feb 2018 date codes. Boxes had old copyright date. Guess they have tons of old boxes to use up. Need to check their website to see if they reference USCAR-36 or not.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

And, yet, they STILL seem to be a good oil filters that sell.

That's because 99.9% of people never hear about Tearolators. And why do you think Purolator continually delete comments about torn filters on their Facebook, etc.

I can't answer
frown.gif
45.gif

Originally Posted By: goodtimes

Last time I was Walmart I looked at 15~20 Motorcraft filter boxes and did not see any reference to USCAR-36. All the filters inside the boxes had Jan or Feb 2018 date codes. Boxes had old copyright date. Guess they have tons of old boxes to use up. Need to check their website to see if they reference USCAR-36 or not.

No, the video is right on this site where they circle the date where all filters are tested to USCAR-36. It doesn't have to say it on the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back